PDA

View Full Version : This week's eBay surprise!

Thumper
03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Maybe I could make this a weekly feature. :D

I was at an estate sale a few weeks ago and while digging around in the garage, I came across a couple of chrome tow hooks. They were marked $1.00/each so I picked 'em up on "speculation". I didn't bother to research them first, just figured they HAD to be worth $2.00!

Well, I brought 'em home, wiped 'em down a bit and they had FoMoCo and a part number stamped on them, so the research was easy-peasy. They turned out to be front tow hooks for Ford pick-ups as well as the Expedition I believe. I checked out "The Bay" and (as Edward would say) ... DAAAYYUM! These things are selling for $150-$185 a pair! I took a couple pics, listed them and they sold immediately. Sheeesh, I wonder what they'd cost at some of these "U-Pull-It" type junkyards? Heck, they're only held on with two bolts and are totally exposed and easy to get to, so it would be a piece of cake to remove them. It's a wonder crackheads haven't started "borrowing" them from driveways and parking lots!

Hmmmmm, I may have found a new "business opportunity" here. From razors to tow hooks. :D

Here's what I'm talkin' 'bout ....

2786 2787

Niner
03-25-2014, 10:41 AM
......because Ford's NEEEEEEEED towing so often!!!
The proof is, as they say, in the pudding.

Thumper
03-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Ha ha ha! Good one Mr. Crow9! Never thought of that. Odd the big seller is FRONT tow hooks and not "rear" hooks. I should'a realized that myownfineself. :D