PDA

View Full Version : Bucky,

jb
03-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Don't know if you need something like these but up here they are required.
My interior seats and carpet are a light brown (camel )
The factory floor mats just suck as far as overall protection goes.
I bought a pair of these for both front and rear and I'll tell you they are the cats ass as far as keeping my carpet clean and dry.
Posthole, they even work in Yota's.:slomo
http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/floorliner-digitalfit/

Arty
03-28-2014, 09:59 AM
+2 on that. I have those in my FORD and they are awesome.
Specially the one that goes all the way across the floor in the back (4 door truck).

Truck is 3 years old and the carpet literally looks brand new.

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 10:14 AM
I have to laugh.

Yeah, it's on the list. I do not care for the WeatherTech because they are 'stiff'.....like a piece of metal or something. Good quality, but I prefer the plain old rubber or vinyl or whatever it is. However, I'm still looking. As I said, I can't find much of any after market stuff that says "Yes, this will fit a 2015 Chevy 2500".

I laughed because when I bought the Tahoe 15 years ago, I went out and bought after market carpet-type mats. I put the original mats in the attic, thinking if I ever traded it in, I'd put the new ones back in and they'd look like new. Well.........I sold Tahoe to my son.......that was part of reason we went to Georgia last week, to take it to him. I have seen those original mats in the attic several times over the years. I go up to get them, and they are not there!! Wife and I looked all over the attic (floored, and vast, and full of stuff!!!), and they were/are nowhere. Maybe they'll turn up, but there were not where I left them, and where I'd seen them several times over the years. I think I could lose my head if not tied on.

LJ3
03-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Nissans come with floor liners that work. Just sayin'.

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Oh. Then I guess I'll go trade mine in.

:)

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 10:56 AM
JB, after looking at these online, I may just try and use these again. Their site is one of few that say they have ones to fit my truck. Sure are expensive.

Trav
03-28-2014, 02:40 PM
I have the weathertechs and I love them, work like a champ. I had some other, Husky I think but they would always move around. The clips on the weathertech keep them in place.

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Trav, you know what............I think the ones I had were Husky's!!!! Now that you mention it.

Hmmmm.

OK, I'm sold.

BarryBobPosthole
03-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Aren't those clips part of the fix Toyota had to do in that deal that they just paid a billion dollar fine over? Wasn't it all over the floor mats sliding up and jamming up the accelerator?

BKB

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 03:10 PM
I dunno. Who cares what Toyota did? :moon

Thumper
03-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Yeah P-hole. What they actually found was many people were putting rubber/plastic mats OVER the factory carpeted mats. The aftermarket mats would bunch up and jam the accelerator. They paid through the nose for people's ignorance IMHO. Being in the car business for many years, I've seen that same problem since the 60's (even on Cadillacs). I have no clue why they got burned for it. Every 'Yota I've had came with clips, but everytime I go to the carwash, they either throw the mats back in after cleaning them and don't bother to hook 'em on the clips ... OR, what really pisses me off, they yank the mats out to clean 'em and break the clips. :pissed

johnboy
03-28-2014, 04:04 PM
I've had a set of Husky liners in the old GMC since new and they have worked great. No sliding around cause they are a snug fit and conform to the floor topography. I bought another set for the 'stang and love them. Perfect fit. I think the Weathertech and Husky products are pretty comparable so go with the best deal. Think these might do:

http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=24
http://www.huskyliners.com/product-detail/?category=17

Captain
03-28-2014, 04:22 PM
I have Weathertech in every vehicle we have, Mrs Captains Lexis, my bee truck and Even my old Hoopie.
Love em. Should be standard equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
03-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Just ordered 'em.

BarryBobPosthole
03-28-2014, 04:40 PM
These new trucks will threehunnerddollar a guy to death won't they?

BKB

jb
03-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Hey, after spending 50K what's another few bucks. :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
03-28-2014, 04:46 PM
If I spend much more on it, I'll be buying a camper shell and living in the damned thing.

BKB

Thumper
03-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Ummm ... so where are the pics?