PDA

View Full Version : What a wonderful day

Buckrub
03-31-2014, 09:13 PM
1) It's back!!!! Opening Day win...........1-0.........against the hated Red Stockings. At least Dusty Baker is gone.

2) This guy, among all the other humans on the planet to the contrary, agrees with me:
http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/mark_ellis_to_dl_could_be_opportunity_for_st_louis _cardinals_to_showcase_daniel_descalso_for_trade/16141072?linksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_1 6141072

3) Went to Doc for followup, flu is gone, and other than hacking up the occasional lung biscuit, I'm healing.

4) Found a local place that I did not know existed......and they can spray the bed of my truck for less than anyone else, and ordered a BakFlip F1..........soon I'll have a kickin' truck that I cannot afford to own, but the folks I see driving down the street won't know that!

The flu, family things, and the fact that taxes are 10X worse than last year, had me in the dumps. I'm just gonna cash out whatever I have to, pay my taxes, and increase my withholdings so this doesn't happen next year, learn to like beans, and start fishing.

I did burn the french fry grease BAD, and the house smells, and the wife ain't happy, but...............it's all temporary! The grass is even JUST BEGINNING to grow, the jonquils are out, and I found a pair of jeans I can still get in! Woo hoo.

BarryBobPosthole
03-31-2014, 09:17 PM
We've got some of them there jonquils. I went and picked up some mater plants today. Arkansas Travelers, Beefsteaks, and Cherokee Purples. I'm gonna get 'em out here this week I think. Big risk here this early but I can replant if I need to.
BKB

Buckrub
03-31-2014, 09:35 PM
I have the prettiest maters you ever saw. Lettuce too. Got some today.

Kroger's Produce section. Never ever fails me.

BarryBobPosthole
03-31-2014, 10:20 PM
There isn't a store bought tomato in this entire planet that can compare to the measliest, mealiest, and meanest home grown tomato.

You go too far, sir!

BKB

LJ3
04-01-2014, 09:16 AM
I'ma grow some french fries this year. Bucky can't have any.

Captain
04-01-2014, 09:47 AM
What kind of French Fries, thick-cut fries, shoestring fries, jojo fries, crinkle fries, curly fries, waffle fries, cheese fries?
Don't leave us hanging like this Len!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Speaking of french fries, if you have not tried this, you're way behind.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-RF100

Makes peanut oil burn. I actually burned peanut oil last night making fries!!! (I was on phone and 'forgot'.......). This woulda burned too. But the flash point is way above peanut oil, and it is as clean after cooking as it was when you started. This stuff might render my F.O.R.D. meaningless!

Chicken Dinner
04-01-2014, 11:32 AM
The only thing better than Opening Day is a curly W on Opening Day. I sure hope this weather holds out for the Nats home opener on Friday.

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I've been hearing that rice bran oil is one of the healthiest oils out there. Been meaning to try it but was kind of waiting for a review from someone who had. I don't reuse my oil because I don't fry that much and I don't like the way it retains flavors. I'll have to give some of this the yard bird and fish test here soon if I can ever get out fishing.

BKB

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 11:53 AM
It is great stuff.

jb
04-01-2014, 12:04 PM
The best day is the last day of the world series when all that meaningless chit is over.:sleeping

Thumper
04-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Bubba for President!!! I agree with his platform! ;)

Captain
04-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Testify BROTHER JB!
He's got my vote.

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 04:58 PM
I try to not say NUTHIN' about driving in circles for fun...............

Captain
04-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Don't matter. Anyone that likes NASCAR ain't gonna pay you no 'tention anyway... ;)

And on a side note Bubber don't like NASCAR either. hummmmmm may have to rethink my vote.
Thumper likes NASCAR and don't like "ball" might have to switch my vote over to him. We can leave JB on the ballot as Vice-Prez....

Thumper
04-01-2014, 05:39 PM
As far as NASCAR is concerned ... ya' got's ta' remember, Bubba's a Yankee ... so he's ... well, you know ... "different". ;)

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't hate Nascar. I think it'd be fun if they'd throw out the restrictions. I just like baseball too. And basketball. And fishing. And hunting. And all kinds of BBQ. I'm an eclectic type of enjoyer.

Captain
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
You are just well rounded.... :D

Thumper
04-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Hey! I'm round too! ;)

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 05:45 PM
but you're tall

I'm just round

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Restrictions? YOU would like something if it didn't have restrictions? Now that's prolly the funniest thing you've said today.

BKB

Thumper
04-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Restrictions? YOU would like something if it didn't have restrictions? Now that's prolly the funniest thing you've said today.

Ha ha ha! He's only against GOVERNMENT restrictions! ;)

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 06:38 PM

BKB

Why? I've never liked restrictions.

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Ha ha ha! He's only against GOVERNMENT restrictions! ;)

or restricts the shows he'll watch based on the political leanings of the actors, or restricts the kind of auction he'll participate in based on whether it has a reserve, or .....I could think of ten more in about ten minutes.

BKB

Thumper
04-01-2014, 07:07 PM
The biggest restriction I have these days is the waist band of my Levis. :(

Buckrub
04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
or restricts the shows he'll watch based on the political leanings of the actors, or restricts the kind of auction he'll participate in based on whether it has a reserve, or .....I could think of ten more in about ten minutes.

BKB

Hmm............so a man with NO restrictions is called a what???

Thumper
04-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Hmm............so a man with NO restrictions is called a what???

Single! :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Dead.

BKB