PDA

View Full Version : Nother Niner Update......LIFE IS GOOD!!

Niner
04-02-2014, 03:25 AM
I prolly already told y'all how well the Radio Stereo Tactical Surgery went for me last week.....

In a word FANTASTIC. I guess I'm still in "recovery mode", as they are still weaning me off of the steroids and pain meds. THAT said....I AM FEELING BETTER THAN I HAVE SINCE I GOT SICK!!!

The constant pain in my back is just not there now. NOW.....that may all change as the keep me off of the steroids and my body gets back into "reality mode", but by and large I'd have to say it LOOKS like the radiation treatments were a huge success!!!!:thumbsup

That brings up a subject I've been talking about a little bit here on the site.

Di and I have been talking on and off for some time now (years??) about getting another fishing boat. SO, we have decided that, by golly, we need to get off of the pot and do something about it.

The deal is, I really didn't want to buy a boat big enough that it required its own tandem axel trailer, nor did we have any want/need/desire to go hair-on-fire fast across the water. What we WERE interested in was something that I could (hopefully) handle by myself given my limited mobility issues.

SO, the brand of boat we decided on was the Carolina Skiff. If you've never been near the salt water, you've prolly never seen nor heard of them. They DO make some "off shore" units.....but they also have a lot of "small water boats". I am SURE Thump's seen them all over Florida.

Anywhoo.....to make a long story just a little longer....we picked up a NICE used 13 footer the other day. Got's a brand new Yamaha 4cycle engine hung on the back and a bow-mounted trolling motor in the front. We took some time-out yesterday and took it down to a local reservoir for a shake-down cruise. She did wonderfully.....certainly NOT in the hair-on-fire bass fishing crowd, but a nice mellow little "fishin' trip"....I even managed to put a crappie or three on ice.

Niner
04-02-2014, 03:34 AM

Captain
04-02-2014, 05:17 AM
Congrats Niner. Carolina Skiffs are one hell of a good boat. Very stable. I've fished out of many of them. You will enjoy owning it.
So glad you are feeling better.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Now that's a good looking unit! and with that long nose, you can pull right up to the bank when you or the missus gotta pee. That's always an important feature.

Congrats, Niner! Heck its even got a roof!

BKB

Cards01
04-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Just great news all the way around!!! Enjoy it!!

Bwana
04-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Best news I have heard in weeks, so glad things are good in your world Niner. Simply awesome news and that is one fine looking boat, congrats!

Thumper
04-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeppers Niner. Down here the Carolina Skiff is to Florida as the Lund is to Canada ... a very popular boat. You should like it.

Congrats on the last round of treatments! And getting off the steroids might be a good idea ... first your balls to shrivel up, then you start looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger! ;)

Chicken Dinner
04-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Great news on both counts. I've been a big fan of those boats for a while.

Buckrub
04-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Aw man!! Wow.

So tickled you feel better. Wow. That made my day!!

Those boats are all over Savannah when we go down there to visit............they sure do look interesting. Got room for a fat boy to ride along wid ya?

HideHunter
04-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Yep - great rig. Dad has one in FL. Just telling me he had the local marina pull it out and work on the controls. They ask if he wanted to pull the plugs (between floor and bottom - it had never been done) and drain any water that may have accumulated. Dry as a bone. Been sitting *in the water* for close to 15 years.

Big Skyz
04-02-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm glad to hear you are feeling a lot better and I hope that everything will continue in that direction. As for the boat, that is my kind of boat! I've never wanted a big boat, but a handy little fishing boat, now that's my cup'a tea.

Thumper
04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Great lookin' boat ... but that fugly mug in the background kinda screws up the pic! :D

Arty
04-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Awesome news and a nice lookin fishin rig ya got there!

Sunshine
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Really great news and wow what a nice boat !!!!
Enjoy!!!!' :)

LJ3
04-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Wonderfulness abounds in this thread! Can you get her up on plane before you hit the other side of lake Co9? :)

Buckrub
04-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Di? Or the boat??

:)

BarryBobPosthole
04-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Di? Or the boat??

:)

^^^^^^funny

BKB

Big Boy
04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
YEE HAW ! Good to hear your mendin' Keep at it.