PDA

View Full Version : 3 for 3

Captain
04-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Gonna leave them alone for a few days....
This one about 8:30 this morning. No time for a preshot photo.

Niner pose

And regular pose.

And just for Bucky

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Captain
04-03-2014, 10:31 AM

Trav
04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
how many are you allowed to kill? Here in OK it's by county, some are 1 per season and and some are 2 per season but the aggregate limit is 2 per season regardless of the county taken.

Buckrub
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM
All he sees!!!

Good job man.

Captain
04-03-2014, 11:34 AM
5 in South Carolina and 2 in North Carolina, or all I see (just picking) ;)

Big Skyz
04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
You are Da' Man! Year after year you get'r done out there.

Bwana
04-03-2014, 01:56 PM
So did you rig that tree up all special just for showing us you are a turkey-killing machine?

Captain
04-03-2014, 02:36 PM
That's the same tree I used last year Bwana. Just the bark is falling off of it this year. It's a big pine that fell over a year or so ago and it's just about the right height to hang them gobblers from for a picture.

Captain
04-03-2014, 02:46 PM
You are Da' Man! Year after year you get'r done out there.

Thanks Sky. I've guess I have learned to talk turkey pretty good over the years. Both the turkey yesterday and this one this morning had hens go to him. I just waited them out and soft called and got em. I've got my turkey gear down to a small fanny pack. I carry ONE call (and a spare) it's called a red wasp by woodland. It's a mouth call. I don't like to use a call that requires my hands. That's the only call I take to the woods. My pack has head net and gloves In case I move out of the blind, a bottle of water, two spare shells, (the gun holds four) a pack of crackers and a spare can of snuff.
Years ago I would wear a turkey vest with every call made including owl and crow calls, and decoys. I bet the rings would weigh 20 pounds of "stuff". Not any more.
I set up and never make a call (even if I hear gobbling) until I hear crows calling.
I travel light and it works for me now.