PDA

View Full Version : ATT....either a hero or zero....

Big Muddy
04-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Called them Mon., to cancel our land line....$75 per month, and we don't even need it, anymore, except for an occasional fax.

Nice lady said they have a new plan for $30 per "YEAR", and we get to keep call waiting, caller id, etc., etc.

Wow, $30 per "YEAR"....that's a LOT better....better than MagicJack, so I told her to sign me up.

Wifey comes in, and I told her about it....she says I heard wrong, and I'm crazy....she's thinking $30 per "MONTH".

She picks up phone, and calls them back to confirm my conversation....Punjab answers, and tells her ATT has NO such plan....lowest plan is $35 per "MONTH".

Wifey leaves the house, so I wait about an hour, and call back, just to satisfy my own dumb curiosity.

Another nice lady answers the phone, and I told her I was hard of hearing, and was gonna record our conversation for my wife....she said that was fine.

She confirmed my new plan of $30 per "YEAR"....I made her repeat it twice....she laughed, and even spelled per "YEAR" out for me.

Wifey came home, and listened to the recording, and still says she won't believe it, until she sees our next ATT statement.

She told one of our neighbors about it, and they called ATT to get on the same plan....you guessed it, ATT told them, there was NO such plan....cheapest plan was $35 per month.

Is ATT a bunch of idiots, or what???

Buckrub
04-03-2014, 12:59 PM
They all are anymore.

So glad I'm out of it........

yellowk9
04-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Your version does sound rather unbelievable. What's the old adage? Something about too good to be true..........................................

Big Muddy
04-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeller, I'll let ya know, after I get my ATT statement, in a couple of days....be assured, if it's anything different from what those two ATT representatives stated to me, my landline account will be forever cancelled.