PDA

View Full Version : WTF???

Thumper
04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
I have a local estate sale coming up this weekend and know the guy putting it on pretty well. I've always razzed him for the crappy photos he posts on his website. They're either out of focus, taken from too far away to see anything, OR ... taken so close it cuts out half of the subject. (He always blames the lousy photography on his wife.) ;)

Anyway, this is a pic of one of the items for sale this weekend. It almost looks like a decorative item to me ... but I don't know squat about old guns. I'm thinking it's just a piece of junk wall-hanging, but who knows? Looks like an eagle or sumpin' hanging down there on the bottom ... turn it upside down and it looks like a half-assed duck decoy! I assume those eyelet thingies are simply hangars. (?) The muzzle looks like an exaggerated blunderbuss barrel. (the house does contain quite a few antiques)

Anybody have a clue what this thing is? I'm guessing a POS Taiwanese wall-hanging. Some of it looks cool ... other parts look like junk.

http://pictures.estatesales.net/572025/12011948/1.jpg

Niner
04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Danged PumPHeAd.....can't you tell it's a Large Grand?!!??!?

Thumper
04-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Ha! I had no clue what you were talking about ... it finally hit me. BUT ... your spelling is off a bit ... it's actually a "Grande Large". (A big U.S. gun built in Mexico?) :D