PDA

View Full Version : It just got real up in here

Arty
04-10-2014, 04:46 PM
"Invested" (Hahahaha) in a kegerator.

Problem is. I won't be able to throw my empties into the neighbors yard no more.

The first 1/4 barrel will be here THURSDAY. so I'm still on the bottle until then.

Place down the road from me has a great selection I can order just about anything.
First 1/4 keg coming is a wheat ale. Just in time for the warm spring weather!

LW
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Wheat ale? Why dont you put beer in there?

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2014, 06:45 PM
GH Gathering at RT's thi summer!

Thumper
04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
What is it with youse Virginia Yuppies and your Nancy-boy beer? Years ago I was sitting in a NOVA bar with Chessie, Carnivore, Lenster and Bubbles drinking Dogfish Head Pale Ale. WTF??? Oh well, I just figured, when in Rome, do as the Romans.

Today, Lynn had some D.C. dufes check out of the hotel headed back to Washington. They stepped into her office, plunked down a couple of 6-packs of beer on her desk, thanked her for helping them with reservations, then said the beer was "left-over" and they couldn't take it on the plane with them, so they wanted her to have it. It's now downstairs in our fridge. What KIND of "beer" you ask?

http://www.portchesterbeer.com/product_images/b/091/dogfish-head-shelter-pale-ale__86526_zoom.JPG

Arty
04-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Dogfish is good beer sir....don't let that get skunky...would be a sin.

Captain
04-10-2014, 08:17 PM
All beer is Skunky. It's made that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
04-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Dude... nice rig. Change the handle for petes sake!

Thumper
04-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Dude... nice rig. Change the handle for petes sake!

To what? Dogfish Head? ;)

HideHunter
04-11-2014, 09:31 AM
I know this is probably going to un-glue all you beer gourmets - but I found one I like. Amberbock.. More body then "regular" beer - good flavor and *it is not bitter*. Flame away. ;)

Arty
04-11-2014, 10:22 AM
I like amber bock... Tis a good brew.

It pains me to see that pull. But it came with the unit.
I'll probably get a new pull for my birthday or some such.
Then I shall burn that nasty ass coors light pull. I will put it in the fire pit and dance around it like a wild injun'

Buckrub
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Somehow, I don't doubt that last comment..........

LJ3
04-11-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't besmirch anyone's beer choice. You just miss out on a lot of great tastes if you don't try new brews. I fully admit I am not one to follow for delicate taste buds. I like hops, I want my hops to be hopped, and hopped again, dry hop, wet hops, hoppy hops.

I love the taste and it keeps people from drinking my beer :)

Chicken Dinner
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
I like the Dogfish Head stuff. Lately, I've been drinking a bunch of Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager. It's a Virginia brewery and really good stuff. I like hops, but am not into the overhopped stuff. Some folks just confuse that with flavor.

Arty
04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
I like the Dogfish Head stuff. Lately, I've been drinking a bunch of Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager. It's a Virginia brewery and really good stuff. I like hops, but am not into the overhopped stuff. Some folks just confuse that with flavor.

I agree on the over hoppy stuff.
In St Louis my brother had a pint of "Hoppatatamus"

Tasted like what I imagine Tink's 69 would taste like.

But.... To each his own.

LJ3
04-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Bofe you can bite me. Bitterness can be an enjoyable taste. Maybe you should stick with your wheat heiffe fruit slice chick beer, or coors light... same thing. OK, I'm back to besmirching :)

Captain
04-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I repeat:
All beer is Skunky. It's made that way.

Tightline
04-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi guys. It's been a while. Nice unit Arty! I so looked forward to my first Corona. Tried to like it but bottom line is I don't want any lemon or lime flavor in my beer. Onliest bad beer i've had. You gonna love that draft beer.

Arty
04-11-2014, 03:28 PM
I repeat:

Aw hush... Go shoot a Turkey or somethin'.

DeputyDog
04-11-2014, 03:46 PM
I had a couple Moretti Lagers last night with dinner. It's an Italian beer. Nothing special, but I really like it.

Captain
04-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Aw hush... Go shoot a Turkey or somethin'.

In the morning.... :D

All these yuppie beers and fancy Nancy boy talk.
If you gonna drink beer just get a PBR and be done.