PDA

View Full Version : OK So THIS Happened

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2014, 10:20 PM
This has been a very challenging week from a work perspective. The collective intellectual output of the people I work for could be measured in picoamperes and my general attitude could be measured in nanofuckits. So its a perfect storm and a little catalyst added. The catalyst is the prime example of what happens when you put all of these mental midgets together in a room for a week in a foreign country where they HAVE to talk to each other because Lord knows THAT would be uncomfortable if they actually talked to the people that were from there. Anyway, this brain trust never fails to come up with a whole list of stuff that verges on being funny in a Dilberty sort of way. Only its not because it consumes your days and weeks with 'readouts' and 'peeling back onions' and teeing shit up. And it pisses me off. So that's just the table setter. That's what my week ahs been like.

So Birddog called yesterday and I about jumped out of my chair when he suggested we go fishing tomorrow afternoon. got that calendar cleared and went and got the boat this afternoon after work. the problem came when I was backing the boat into the slot I have for it in the drive way. I tried twice before I just gave up and pulled out and turned around to back it in from the other direction and it STILL took two tries to do it.

I am a master trailer backer. I could thread a needle with a trailer and I've been backing shit up since I was old enough to drive a tractor and that was about 12. But for some reason I was just snakebit. This was the first time I'd backed my boat with this truck but hell that shouldn't have made one bit of difference. The one thing I can have moral superiority over probably 75% of the driving world is gone. POOF! Now I'm in the same class with Bucky. He can't back a trailer and worse yet, he can't even SPOT someone backing a trailer. I have witnesses to that. That probably took two years off of Tee Dub's lfe right there. He was PISSED. Basically when you spot someone backing a boat up, all you have to do is stand there like a big white piece of PVC so he knows where NOT to back the boat to. Bucky put on a performance.

Anyway, my confidence is shaken. Something else I've lost to advancing age.

BKB

Thumper
04-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Now I'm in the same class with Bucky. He can't back a trailer and worse yet, he can't even SPOT someone backing a trailer. I have witnesses to that.

And I am one of those witnesses! :D

P-hole, I'd have days like that when driving my truck. I could normally back that sucker into a hole some people would have trouble pulling a Volkswagen into ... HEAD FIRST! Then there would be the odd day I couldn't bump a dock (that's trucker talk right there) to save my life. I have no clue what happens ... but it just hits out of the blue for some unknown reason. I remember sitting in a truck stop early one morning, getting ready to head out for the day. I sat and watched a guy hauling a flatbed trying to back into a hole and he just plain old could NOT do it! I got on the CB and told him if he wants to circle around, I'm getting ready to pull out and the spot I was in, he could drive straight into. He then told me he's been driving 40 years and can normally thread a needle with that trailer, but today he was embarrassing himself half to death.

It happens to the best of 'em ... I have no idea why.

Captain
04-11-2014, 04:57 AM
I think it's that Fancy-Dan pickumup.... :D
Try squinting your eyes real tight next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cards01
04-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Try squinting your eyes real tight next time!

Now that must be the ticket for that new pickemup

LJ3
04-11-2014, 09:11 AM
If you think about it, a lot of stuff has to be firing just right to be able to do that well. Must be age. Sorry, old fucker.

Buckrub
04-11-2014, 10:32 AM
You made me laugh so hard I cried, and then you made me cry.........all in one post.