PDA

View Full Version : DC Engagement Shoot

LJ3
04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Shot this downtown while the blossoms were in full bloom. PRetty hard to keep 7 million people out of the field of view! I'm pretty proud of the 3rd one. The dip shot in the memorial. You can't really tell but I had three off camera flashes dialed in just right, radio triggered and the exposure was a BITCH to get just right.

Thumper
04-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Wow! Really nice! :encouragement:

Bwana
04-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Numbers 3 & 4 are WAY amazing Len!

airbud7
04-16-2014, 12:16 AM
That is nice^ how did you get motion blur yet....not much blur? cool stuff dude...

LJ3
04-16-2014, 09:21 AM
THanks guys... I'd rather be taking pics like BigSky but I gotta put food on the table :)

Airdude, motion blur is controlled by the shutter speed, or how long you "open" the camera to see the light from the lens. If you open it for a longer time, like 1/30th of a second, you'll see some blur if things are moving around enough. I shot these at 1/1ooth of a second. Most pro camera bodies go to 1/8000th of a second these days. Usein Bolt can't create motion blur at that shutter speed :)

BarryBobPosthole
04-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Nice ankles! ......er angles.

BKB

Thumper
04-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Nice ankles! ......er angles.

Ha ha! P-hole ... I just 'bout busted a gut when I read that! I had a close buddy in L.A. (A Mexican dude named Don Pacheco) who had some sort of "ankle fetish" (for lack of a better term). We hung out together a LOT ... were really close friends ... and sometimes we'd be running around and he'd suddenly get all excited about some gal he'd spotted. He'd say sumpin' like, "DUDE!! Check out the ankles on that chick!!!" All the years I knew him ... I never could figure out if he was serious or not, but it was the first thing he looked at. I lost contact with him after moving back to Florida. I understand from other buddies, he went through some sort of mid-life crisis, started working out, got buffed, then started hanging with the beach volleyball crowd. Maybe he was attracted to all those bare ankles. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-16-2014, 10:40 AM
A couple of good friends and I had a very long discussion in a bar that lasted for about four years about ankles. We came to the following conclusions:

a. women with thick ankles are easy but not very good in the sack
b. women with well turned ankles are difficult but well worth the effort.

Thus we became ankle men. Its true.

BKB

Big Skyz
04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Len those are some fantastic photos. If you ever make "enough living", come on here and take a few fun photos...door's open and the lights on.

Thumper
04-16-2014, 11:18 AM
A couple of good friends and I had a very long discussion in a bar that lasted for about four years about ankles. We came to the following conclusions:

a. women with thick ankles are easy but not very good in the sack
b. women with well turned ankles are difficult but well worth the effort.

Thus we became ankle men. Its true.

BKB

As my dear grandmother used to always say .... "Well I swan". (or was it "I'll swan?") :confused:

BarryBobPosthole
04-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Of course we were only working with the data we had.

BKB