PDA

View Full Version : Eff You AT&T

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
So I go to watch the ball game (Cards vs Nats) last night and its not on the usual Fox channel (Fox Sports Missouri) because its being broadcast on the MLB channel. Well, Uverse has the Cards game listed but they were showing the Yankees-Rays game on the actual channel. Piss off number one. So I go searching and find some other channels that were supposed to be carrying the game, some channel called Yes, but Uverse had the game listed as 'blacked out in your area'. Why would a game played in Washington DC be blacked out in Oklahoma? So we would go to the game instead of watching it on TV? EVERY baseball game on UVERSE except for the MLB channel was blacked out last night. No reason why.

I can't wait until my year is up with these fools.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2014, 08:29 AM
You didn't miss much other than the Nats embarrassing themselves.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
I sure wanted to see Waino pitching that two hitter though.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Man, he was painting the inside corner against lefties. It really was a thing of beauty.

Thumper
04-18-2014, 08:44 AM
I can't wait 'til Good Hunting starts blacking out baseball threads! :poke

Buckrub
04-18-2014, 08:53 AM
UVerse is just ATT's remarketing of Direct TV. I strongly suggest you get.....um....Direct TV Directly.

Still, the way they do sports is nuts, and it's as bad as figuring out airline rates. Here's the best I can figure.......

First, every area (zip code) has a "home" Fox Sports area. I don't know yours, but I'm sure it's Fox Sports OK. Since there is not a Fox Sports Arkansas (or much else ending in Arkansas), our home is two of them, Fox Sports Midwest (HOORAH) and Fox Sports Kansas City. Those come in the "Sports Package" which is like $13 a month or so. PLUS, whether you get the Sports Package or not, you get ONE Fox sports channel, and Arkansas gets Fox Sports Southwest!!! Why, I do not know.

MLB is part of some other premium package. But I think they're hooked up with Fox somehow, not sure. NOW......MLB always has two games, one as a backup for all the areas where the prime game is blacked out. It's blacked out in some arbitrary area that coincides with "This is where we COULD sell tickets if we don't show the game to these folks" area.

Thus, I can conclude that OK is in that blackout area.

I do NOT know what I would have gotten at home......it might have been blacked out there, too.....since AR and OK are probably similar to Fox Nuts (or Faux Nuts). But since I'm in South Carolina, I got to see it.

I don't know what package you have, either. I have the top premium package, just so I don't have to deal with what you are dealing with. I get it all. But yeah, it's a mess. Worse, if you go down the street to a sports bar, THEY are one block from you but THEY get to show the same game that's blacked out to you. THAT I don't get either.

Sorry you missed it. Waino made up for his blowout against the Nats (which we won anyway), in the playoffs........

The Nats looked like the Cards looked first few games........Little League team. To give them credit, they got in at 3:00 a.m...........and that messes you up.

Buckrub
04-18-2014, 08:54 AM
I can't wait 'til Good Hunting starts blacking out baseball threads! :poke

I'll vote for it.

IF we blackout Nascar and car racing threads.

Up to y'all.

Thumper
04-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Hush yo' mouth boy! ;)

jb
04-18-2014, 09:12 AM
I'm with you Thump, maybe the top brass around here should just start a new forum category with the heading "Boring, Worthless and otherwise WGAF Sportstalk":thumbsup

Thumper
04-18-2014, 09:16 AM
We already have one set up ... I think it's called the "Fishing Forum" or sumpin' like that. I'll look around and see if I can find it. ;)

Big Skyz
04-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm glad my life has never got so boring that I would resort to watching baseball or Nascar! Headed out the door right now to go stock up on some fishing supplies. You can bet that between now and when I have to go back to work next week, I won't waste one second watching baseball, Nascar, bowling, golf, tennis, or any other sport that turns one's mind in a zombie-esk state of mush.

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2014, 09:50 AM
If we didn't talk about baseball and, God forbid, NASCAR, there wouldn't be much traffic on this site this tone of year.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2014, 09:56 AM
CURMUDGEONS in the house!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Big Sky, don't forget your bait......

BKB

Big Skyz
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
:D