PDA

View Full Version : Heartbleed Vulnerability Information....

Niner
04-20-2014, 06:16 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to post up any info we come across on this "Heartbleed Vulnerability" thing. It appears that its gonna be a big hairy deal.

__________________________________________________ _

I got this link in an email from Trend Micro (my antivirus company), and thought I'd post it up.

http://blog.trendmicro.com/heartbleed-vulnerability/

Whenever anyone comes across some good intel on this thing, post it here on this Sticky Thread.
__________________________________________________ _

Folks,

We are but a tiny spec of a website on the oooolllldddddd Internet....a better analogy might be "Roadkill On The Information Superhighway".

We are staffed with NO IT staff to speak of. I have NO IDEA how to tell if our passwords are secure or insecure.....or even if they are having a good day or not.

That said, for your own security PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR GOODHUNTING PASSWORD ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!!!

Thank you,
Niner

LJ3
04-21-2014, 09:02 AM
The main vulnerability is for devices that terminate HTTPS/SSL sessions so we're good from that standpoint. With ANY online account you're only as protected as your password is strong. Use mixed case, alphanumeric and control characters. Change all your banking, financial and private online account passwords that are important to you.

Personally, I think it's being completely overblown but you cannot be too careful with stuff like this. Change your passwords, make them strong passwords.