PDA

View Full Version : Last meal

johnboy
04-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Seeing Pholes beautiful bird and considering all the food talk we do here, I was wondering what you'all would choose for a 'last meal' if the world was ending or whatever.

I know what mine would be: roast prime rib (medium rare) with spuds roasted in beef drippings and steamed cauliflower in my missus sharp cheddar cheese sauce. A crunchy green salad on the side and cherry pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. Pretty much what we had Sat night but oh so good! :fine

Oh yeah, a couple glasses of a good red wine during and a snifter of Grande Marnier Louis-Alexandre and a Montecristo Especial No. 2 for after.

So what's it gonna be?

LJ3
04-21-2014, 02:21 PM
A huge pile of steaming hot, #1 Size Maryland Chesapeake bay blue shell crabs, enough melted butter to clog the arteries of a blue whale, someone to help me crack 'em so I can eat them faster, and lots of beer.

Thumper
04-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Khao Pad, Guay Teow, Kai Yat Sai, Pad Thai, Khao Kha Moo washed down with a Chang or maybe Cha Nam Yen ... and Roti Kluai Khai for desert!

It would HAVE to be my last meal ... 'cause I'd explode after eating all of that! ;)

johnboy
04-21-2014, 02:50 PM
All sounds good (not that I know what Jim's eating)! I'm going for lunch now. :D

DeputyDog
04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
From some of Thump's stories, I'd guess it's chicken beaks and monkey peckers.

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2014, 08:09 PM
From some of Thump's stories, I'd guess it's chicken beaks and monkey peckers.

And that's just the appetizers.

BKB

quercus alba
04-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm just a humble country boy. I'd have fried chicken livers, creamed taters, gravy, sweet tea

Chicken Dinner
04-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I'd start with oysters Rockefeller and end it with bourbon bread pudding. In between, I'm torn between a really nice thick rib eye or crab cakes.

BarryBobPosthole
04-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Something with Cindy Crawford as the main course.
BKB

LW
04-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Ribeye, salmon on a cedar plank, sauteed asparagus, baked potato and finish with a nice creme brulee. Washed down with a few glasses of blackstone. If the world didnt end before I could get a nice cigar down, I would have to raid the humidor.

Captain
04-22-2014, 06:58 AM
Something with Cindy Crawford as the main course. BKB

Me too!

I'm just a simple man and I guess I'd like my fill of Boiled Peanuts....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LW
04-22-2014, 08:04 AM
I would rather it include Hillary Clinton so I could beg for the grim reaper to hurry up and take me.

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
I was thinking about this last night and have changed my main course. There's this place in Baltimore's Little Italy (La Tavola) that does pan seared sea scallops with shitake mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and lemon zest. There's just nothing better than a perfectly cooked sea scallop.