PDA

View Full Version : Great Caesar's Ghost!

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
They are catching some gigantic spoonbills right now in Oklahoma. Either the limits are working incredibly well or there's just a lot more fish coming up from the rivers to the dams where most of them are caught, I'm not sure which, but I don't remember seeing this many reports of 90+ pounders being caught.

Spoonbill are not my cup of tea as I don't care for snagging and most of these fish get killed for their eggs, but its a big sport here in my state. I think its big up in the Dakotas too where they have them in the rivers there too.

BKB

Here's a 93 pounder caught last week.

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Good gracious, that a fish!

Big Skyz
04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
They have a few here in Montana as well. After I caught this one below I sort'a gave up on fishing for them. The biologist told me it was probably around a 65 to 70 year old fish. Heck, I felt bad for killing it. Here it had gone up and down the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers for all those years and I come along and kill it. Never could quite come to terms with that so I quite fishing for them. Got nothing against those that want to catch them, but it's not my cup of tea either.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/PaddlefishHuge99_zps434d2d63.jpg

Bwana
04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Hey Big Sky, I remember that day as it was the first time I met you in person. I remember you calling to ask if it was alright to invite another gent along as 3 guys to one fishing pole worked out pretty good. Thought you were pulling my leg but after casting 5 oz weights as far as possible with a 12 foot pole and then ripping it back as hard as you could over and over again, I began to see the light.

As I recall, I snapped the picture of your fish (an 85-lber) which was taken after I caught my first paddlefish (60 lbs).

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Troy is never far from his backpack is he?

What's he got in there? Lunch?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Only other guy i ever knew like that usually had a quarter elbow of weed in his backpack. I'm just sayin'...

Big Skyz
04-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Well I don't want nothing to do with weed so that's not in there. That pack pretty much has everything I need when out hunting or fishing. If I find myself in an emergency situation that pack would be worth more to me than gold.

Thumper
04-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Great pics. B/S, I think that's the first time I've ever seen you NOT wearing a button-down shirt! ;)

Big Skyz
04-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Thump if you ever see me doing any kind of mechanic work it's a tee shirts only affair for me. Prefer long sleeve tee's for that work though as long as it's not too hot.