PDA

View Full Version : Such a Quiet April

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2014, 08:02 AM
This week, the most dangerous week on average for weather in Oklahoma, has passed by quietly as has much of April so far. I'm betting the first couple weeks of May are gonna be rough though. Actually its gonna be rough either way. If we don't get some real rain soon the whole state is going to be dry as a popcorn fart.

BKB

jb
04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
We're running about 20 degrees below normal for the month, still have some snow on the ground in the woods and on the north side of hills.
Little car is still in the barn and we're moteling it next weekend instead of camping.
April sucked around here.

Big Skyz
04-23-2014, 08:54 AM
A little off topic but not that far. When I drove through Oklahoma a couple years ago I was actually really impressed with both the scenery and the people. Most folks I met were friendly and I was blown away by how green it was. If it weren't for all those dang tornado's I could almost see myself living in the state. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to have a reason to return there someday and wet a line or invite a whitetail buck home. You got yourself a nice state there BBP.

Thumper
04-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Lots of riffraff there B/S ... as evidenced by some of the members here. You must'a had blinders on. :D

Big Skyz
04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Every state has riff-raff I just fit in with some riff-raff better than others. :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Well, I appreciate that Troy. You're certainly welcome any time and I guarantee you'll go home fatter than you came. How can you beat a deal like that? We might have to recruit somebody else for your Okie whitetail quest as I don't hunt them much any more but I'm sure that could be arranged. I can certainly put you on some pretty fishing waters though and Birddog has access to some extra special places that he lets me in on from time to time. I'll bet we could twist his arm into it.

It's not quite what everyone thinks it is, is it?

BKB

Thumper
04-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Except for those muther-fracking earthquakes! ;)

Big Skyz
04-23-2014, 04:31 PM
BBP, you make that sound extremely tempting. Heck, I'd be more than fine skipping a whitetail hunt. Some quality fishing on the other hand, now that would be worth a trip out that way. What major airport are y'all near? Might have to see what airlines rates are for that region of the country.

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Tulsa International (TUL) is about 15 minutes from my house. I don't know if Southwest goes anywhere close to where you live but that's typically the cheapest airline to travel on to these parts. There's a fare sale going on now as a matter of fact.
BKB

Buckrub
04-23-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't cook as good as Posthole, but you're welcome to come hunt our little whitetails with me anytime you want to. Our season is about 7 weeks long, give or take. And we actually have trees. And the world record walleye came from 45 miles north of me. And we've had the world record rainbows and browns, but I ain't no pro, there. Clearly, I can't put you on crappie, either!!!! *snort* But I can have fun tryin'.

Rest of you are welcome, too.

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, that quiet April didn't last long. And this is from Tennessee to Texas. None of that shit in the middle counts for squat.

BKB

http://news.yahoo.com/forecasters-already-predicting-massive-tornado-outbreak-weekend-151627265.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

LJ3
04-24-2014, 04:29 PM
I got a good friend that's a serious storm chaser/photographer type. He just put his business on hold, packed his shit and is headed your way.

johnboy
04-24-2014, 05:14 PM
We had an earthquake last night which was kinda interesting. Around 6.7 or so with the epicenter about 100 mi west of us. Had the place shaking pretty good. Time to check my disaster supplies. :D

Sunshine
04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Yep, it's not "IF" it will happen, its "When it happens!" We are eventually going to have a very bad one, on the west coast.
Not sure if it will be during my life time, but its a coming.
Those that are ready, will be a heck of a lot better, then the ones that aren't.

And don't come knocking on my door, because you weren't prepared.
Not my problem! Especially if they are ones that felt I needed a tin hat!!!! :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Tin hats are for conspiracies. For an earthquake you need cast iron underwear.

BKB