PDA

View Full Version : For all cat lovers...

johnboy
04-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Big story around town right now is that a couple of juvenile bald eagles are snagging poor little kitty cats out of peoples yards and dropping them on jagged rocks at the shoreline. Kills and tenderizes at the same time, I guess. Good for the eagles, says I!

Nobody seems too concerned that the birdies are just getting back for all the songbirds that house cats kill every year. Ain't nature wonderful!

http://www.courierislander.com/news/local/two-young-eagles-preying-on-local-cats-in-campbell-river-1.980555

Big Skyz
04-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Would love to borrow those two eagles for a month or two!

HideHunter
04-27-2014, 09:51 AM
One of the famous 'webcam" eagles brought a kitty into the nest a couple years ago. Authorities did everything in their power to convince the public it was probably roadkill. ;)

Captain
04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
"Listening to the cats' meows made me want to cry. Seeing it fly past the Anchor Inn I knew the cat had no chance of living from being dropped onto rocks from 50 to 70 feet in the air."
Guess we could start a thread, Best height to kill a cat from.... ;)
Wonder if he landed on his feet?

Thumper
04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm trying REALLY hard to ignore youse heartless dufes! ;)

HideHunter
04-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Guess we could start a thread, Best height to kill a cat from.... ;)
Wonder if he landed on his feet?

Probably - the "first" time. ;)

johnboy
04-27-2014, 11:05 PM
It's kinda funny that people who love eagles when they are eating dead salmon get very upset when they do the other thing that is natural for them - catching, killing and eating small mammals. They subscribe to a sanitized view of nature, not the kill or be killed reality.

We have a lot of eagles around here and I actually watched a mature bald eagle drop into a neighbours back yard a couple of years ago and was waiting for it to come back up with a kitty or puppy in it's talons but whatever it took must have been too heavy to lift so it had to do 'eat in' and not 'take out'. Cool stuff unless you were the pet owner, I guess.

LJ3
04-28-2014, 09:46 AM
That explains why my cats keep looking up for what seems like no reason. They must be evolved and what not.

Big Skyz
04-28-2014, 09:53 AM
...and you thought it was ghosts. ;)

Bwana
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Now that was funny BS!

LJ3
04-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Hehehee, that WAS a good'un!