PDA

View Full Version : wonder if Bucky is OK

quercus alba
04-27-2014, 09:41 PM
My son just called from Little Rock and said there had been a couple of tornadoes around Conway. One (an f-3) had been on the ground for over an hour. 3 years ago today Vilonia got wiped out and tonight they got hit again. The Game and Fish complex on lake Conway got leveled from what I hear. Anybody hears from Bucky let us know

quercus alba
04-27-2014, 10:03 PM
reports are that the tornado has now been on the ground for 2 hours. Mayflower and Vilonia very hard hit.

Chicken Dinner
04-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I emailed him a little while ago to check in . So far, noyhing.

LJ3
04-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Anyone got his cell, Cap'n?

quercus alba
04-27-2014, 10:28 PM
This tornado is till on the ground. I've never heard of one staying down that long

Big Muddy
04-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Just got off the phone with Bucky....they're camped out on a lake, and had to spend a few hours in the basement of the campground center, during the tornados.

He said they are fine, but the two towns of Mayflower and Vilonia, near his home, got hit really hard....I-40, between Conway and Little Rock, has been completely closed down.

I had a friend, passing thru that area, just minutes after the tornadoes hit, and he sent me a vid clip of the damage in Mayflower....there was awesome damage !!!

Captain
04-28-2014, 04:05 AM
Damn, just cut on the news and it looks like some serious damage.
Went to bed early last night and did not know anything about this going on.
Glad Buckster and his wife are fine. Bad stuff....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

quercus alba
04-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Weather sirens just went off here in Bradley. Really a heavy thunderstorm hitting right now

Captain
04-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Keep your head down White Oak and check in as soon as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

quercus alba
04-28-2014, 06:55 AM
12 deaths in Mayflower, 16 across the state. That was one really bad mammyjamma. I knew something was gonna happen last night, it was so still it was like being in a vacuum with about 1000% humidity.

Chicken Dinner
04-28-2014, 08:19 AM
I blame Posthole for mentioning what a quiet April it has been. Dang redheaded Okie!

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm sure that was a factor in Bucky deciding to go camping on a weekend the weather folks were calling the most dangerous day of this entire year. Keith and I had a fishing tripplanned for Saturday and got together Friday to call it off and we knew most of the fashit was going to happen east of us.

That was terrible stuff over near Conway. I have a young nephew that lives in Vilonia. Still haven't gotten word that he's okay yet.

BKB

Big Muddy
04-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Humidity here is thick, too....heard one of the weather whores describe the humidity in a new way, last night.

She called it "air you can wear."

Very appropriate with this weather system.

Thumper
04-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Dang! What a mess up that way. Hope your nephew is okay P-hole.

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Just heard from my brother and his son is fine. I also have a number of cousins that live in Conway, Hot Springs, and Little Rock and they've all checked in. So part of the Arkansas contingent from my family is all safe and sound thank goodness. That kind of weather doesn't happen in Arkansas all that frequently. Those big outbreaks though make it not matter where you are. If you're in the way it could get you.

I imagine with that big GM anchor Bucky's trailer was connected to he figured he wasn't going anywhere.

BKB

LJ3
04-28-2014, 10:31 AM
That's a shitload of trailers flying around!

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Bucky's wife used to teach school in Vilonia I believe. She likely knows a lot of the families that lost somebody. 16 I think just in that little area. and its not a big town to begin with.

BKB

yellowk9
04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
That kind of weather doesn't happen in Arkansas all that frequently. BKB

We're no Oklahoma or Kansas, but they ain't exactly rare.

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=2377

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/media-detail.aspx?mediaID=7554

Big Muddy
04-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Yknife, best I remember, Ward is only a few miles east of Vilonia....did ya'll get any damage ???

yellowk9
04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Yknife, best I remember, Ward is only a few miles east of Vilonia....did ya'll get any damage ???

No damage in my area. I'm about 30 minutes or so east of Vilonia. I work with some people that had very close calls (one in Vilonia and one near Searcy farther north along the tornado path). There are some sad stories coming out today. One woman was killed inside her safe room when the door failed. It was the only thing left standing on her foundation. Another family lost both of their elementary age sons. I haven't heard an updated death toll, but when I came to work this morning there were 16 confirmed dead. I can't imagine that hasn't risen as they comb through the debris in the daylight.

Big Muddy
04-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Glad you're okay, Yknife.

We, personally, dodged two big bullets, this morning....two strings of really bad stuff passed thru here, after daybreak....one went north of us about a mile, and one went south of us about two miles....both, were packing tornadic winds and tennis-ball-sized hail.

Thank you, Lord !!!