....Thumper's old crayola set.
BKB

airbud7
04-28-2014, 04:43 PM
wtf...lol^...that's funny right there....bong water brown/lol

Penguin
04-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Hehe. Never seen that one before. :)

Suspicious Cold Sore red... sounds like those weird auto paint names they have nowadays.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Penguin, are you old enough to remember Big Daddy Ed Roth? He created the Rat Fink character when racing cartoons were all the rage. I painted a lot of models with Ed Roth paints of various strange named colors back when I was about 12-13.

BKB

Penguin
04-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Barry I remember the name and the Rat Fink logo but honestly never really knew who the man was or what role he played in the California hot rod scene. I just googled him and looked at some of his paint schemes though... pretty far out there. :)

My dad was up on all that stuff back then so he might know something about him. He has told me 100 times about Grumpy Jenkins unloading the original Old Reliable at the old Aquasco Speedway and beating the hell out of everyone there with it. The old man has a soft spot for big block Chevy's.

Will

Thumper
04-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Dang! I remember Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins well from the old drag racing days. Wow! I couldn't tell you how many times I watched him blast down the track in "Grumpy's Toy"! Talk about memories ...

I was a huge fan of Ed Roth and for many years thought I had a t-shirt hand painted by him. There was a "copycat" Big Daddy who had a small shop over in Daytona called the "Rat's Hole". He looked just like Roth ... goatee and all ... even called himself "Big Daddy Rat". He hand-painted a t-shirt for me that looked persactly like Big Daddy's work and I wore that thing until it literally fell apart. It was many years later before I found out he wasn't really "Big Daddy Ed Roth". :(

His real name was Karl Smith ... he and Big Daddy both are dead now, but Karl's "Rat's Hole" is still in operation in Daytona last time I went by there.