PDA

View Full Version : Spring yet?

Bwana
04-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Wish it would hurry up. Here is a pic off the back deck this morning.

Thumper
04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
Awww, quit yer moaning and groanin! We have dang white stuff on the ground ALL YEAR LONG!! ;)

http://realestateupdate.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/florida-beach.jpg

Chicken Dinner
04-29-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm going to be in Minneapolis next week for an annual meeting and just did a weather check - 35f and snowing. Last year, this meeting was in San Diego. The year before it was in Cancun. Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln! Who thought this was a good idea?

Captain
04-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Some Gov'ment employee. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bwana
04-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Not to worry CD, by next week it will probably be in the 70's.

HideHunter
04-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Hey - Sorry you live in the frozen north. I walked out a little after 5 to kick the dog loose and heard a turkey gobble. Ended up walking about 3/8ths of a mile down the field to get a better listen - in my T-shirt, boots and skivvy shorts. :D

Big Skyz
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Thinking about mowing my lawn here. Heard they had snow in Sidney yesterday as well. I sure don't miss those eternal winters out that direction.

Thumper
04-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Ended up walking about 3/8ths of a mile down the field to get a better listen - in my T-shirt, boots and skivvy shorts.

NOT a good mental image goin' on here. :hair

jb
04-29-2014, 03:33 PM
First big state shoot of the year this weekend. Usually the first time we use the camper. Not this time, highs in the upper 40's, got a nice motel room for the 3 nights.
Paper this morning said we should have 70's by the end of May, damn, that's almost mid summer up here.

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey - Sorry you live in the frozen north. I walked out a little after 5 to kick the dog loose and heard a turkey gobble. Ended up walking about 3/8ths of a mile down the field to get a better listen - in my T-shirt, boots and skivvy shorts. :D

and the reason the dog runnoft wasn't cause he was ornery, it was because he was embarrassed.

BKB

DeputyDog
05-01-2014, 08:03 AM
CD, when are you going to be in Minneapolis? I'm heading there this weekend for a work conference and will be there through the middle of the week.

Chicken Dinner
05-01-2014, 08:14 AM
I'll be there Monday afternoon until Friday morning. I'll be at either the Hyatt Regency or Hilton. Both sound like they're down town. It's for a conference as well and I won't know what my free time looks like until I get there. Let me know if you'd like to try and grab a beer.

Thumper
05-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Dammit! Lynn snagged a free room at the Hyatt (on the beach) in Sarasota. I plan on hitting the beach in the early mornings to do a little metal-detecting and see if I can find me same Yankee jewelry. ;)

Just heard the weather report, rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, but clearing Sunday afternoon.

Guess when we'll be there? Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning ('til noon check-out). At least it sounds like we'll have good weather for the drive home! :(

DeputyDog
05-01-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm going to be there from Saturday afternoon until Thursday. We are staying at the Ramada Mall of America out by the airport. My schedule should be pretty flexible while I'm there so I'd like to meet if we could. It'd be nice to meet another GH'er. Email me your cell and we can try to meet up.

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Thumper do they still go topless at Lido Beach in Sarasota? Used to be one of my favorite hangouts! (pun intended)
BKB

Thumper
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Ha ha! Nope, the county put a stop to it a while back. There are still some off-shore beaches on the islands and large sandbars, in that area, where everyone runs around nekkid ... but there's no overnight camping and ya' gots ta' have a boat to get there. Apollo Beach (near Tampa) is still "clothing optional". There are quite a few in Florida, but Apollo is the closest to me. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
There was a lot of that going around when I was there. There was a place that opened up in St Pete that was a drive-in restaurant/bar with topless carhops called 'Jugs and Suds'.

BKB

Captain
05-01-2014, 08:58 AM
There was a place that opened up in St Pete that was a drive-in restaurant/bar with topless carhops called 'Jugs and Suds'. BKB

That's just By-God American! We need more of those type places.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
05-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Dang P-hole ... ya' got me to wondering there. Figured I'd use ol' Google to get back up to speed. Here's what I found:

Nude, or clothing optional beaches: (I highlighted the old Lido Beach area toward the end)

http://www.simplysiestakey.com/images/Topless-Girl.jpg

Apollo Beach, close to Tampa. North part of Canaveral National Seashore, 20 minutes from Tampa. Naturalist swimming is not legal here, but, locals seem to look the other way if you keep a low profile. Most naturalists will scamper a few miles down the beach to more barren areas.

Playalinda Beach parallels Canaveral National Seashore approximately two hours Northeast of Tampa. Sunbathing without your bikini is also not legal here, but this patch of heaven is just secluded enough to wear your birthday suit and go unnoticed (most of the time).

Gulf Islands National Seashore. In the Florida Panhandle, near Pensacola. GI National Seashore invites clothing optional bathers to play on its long stretches of empty beach.

Haulover Beach. One of the most beautiful and populated clothing-optional beaches. Don't be surprised to see thousands of sunbathers letting it all hang out on the half mile stretch of pure white sand.

The Caliente Resort and Spa is the Tampa Bay Area's Clothing Optional Resort. Located in Land O Lakes, Caliente is over 100 acres of clothing free fun for that exhibitionist in you. The resort includes condos, hotel rooms, restaurants, boutiques, swimming pools, hot tubs, spas and spa services, multiple tennis courts and even nude disco dancing! Located 20 miles north of downtown Tampa, Florida, on Highway 41 in Land O' Lakes.

Paradise Lakes Resort is a 72 acre private, clothing optional hotel and resort just north of Tampa, Florida. Paradise Lakes features over 100 hotel rooms; many of them poolside, an upscale restaurant, a rocking nightclub, a Key West Bar at poolside, fitness center, a day spa / hair salon, and a boutique. Ask for your FREE 1-Day Pass - Paradise welcomes visitors to take a FREE* tour of the tropical resort to see what Paradise is really like. After the tour you can stay for the day and experience the clothing optional lifestyle.

Sunsport Gardens Family Naturist Resort is in Loxahatchee Florida. Year-round events including pot luck dinners, drum circles, weekly DJ dances, camping, mid-winter festivals, climbing towers, childrens activities.

Of course, if you are in the Sarasota area on a boat, you can cruise to more deserted areas such as Cayo Costa or Palm island where you can drop anchor, and drop trou. You might, at certain times of year, find yourself very secluded at Ft. DeSoto park, just north of the Skyway bridge.

Average summer temperatures at these beaches range from 81 to 95 F.

Chicken Dinner
05-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Sent.