PDA

View Full Version : Poking my nose in..

FooBang
05-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Hey, Folks! Long time, no chat. I've been traveling too much and haven't had much time to do anything else.. Just got back from Paris this week and promptly quit my job. I guess I am at the point in my life where it is more important to be happy than it is to be in a position that makes you miserable.

Going to have to read a lot of posts to get caught up around here..

Best to all!

Foo

LJ3
05-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Glad to hear you're pulling out of the fast lane for a rest. You need it buddy! Grab the kid and go shoot some carp or something.

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you've got your priorities in the right order, Bob. Glad you're home! And welcome back!
BKB

Arty
05-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Welcome back!!!
Since you were here last the powers that be created a fishing forum.
Although I'm not able to find it..

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, don't be such a stranger!

FooBang
05-02-2014, 03:42 PM
BBP, I do need to step out of the fast-lane.. It was fun to see all of those places, but I really do appreciate being back home more than anything now.

Arty, I did hear rumors of a fishing forum, but that is the extent of it. I'll let you know if I come across one here. :)

LJ, The boy knocked my outta my socks by asking to go shooting this weekend. He's in his teenage years, so I sometimes feel like a roomie he has to tolerate. Made me feel good!

Thumper
05-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Been there, done that Foo. When I landed a job in L.A. that required a lot of travel, I jumped all over it as I LOVE traveling! BUT, I soon discovered that traveling for work and traveling for pleasure are two totally different animals. I remember times when I'd wake up in a hotel room and actually have to look at the phone book to remember what city I was in! (true story, not an exaggeration) Sure, there are some plus sides, but that living out of a suitcase gets old pretty fast.

Welcome home. Anything on the horizon for your next job? Any chance your old place here on the coast is still available? :D

FooBang
05-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Been there, done that Foo. When I landed a job in L.A. that required a lot of travel, I jumped all over it as I LOVE traveling! BUT, I soon discovered that traveling for work and traveling for pleasure are two totally different animals. I remember times when I'd wake up in a hotel room and actually have to look at the phone book to remember what city I was in! (true story, not an exaggeration) Sure, there are some plus sides, but that living out of a suitcase gets old pretty fast.

Welcome home. Anything on the horizon for your next job? Any chance your old place here on the coast is still available? :D

I've done the same-- sat up in bed wondering what continent I was on, listing countries off one by one until something clicked.
As for what's next, haven't figured that out yet.. Working on it. ;) If I make it down to FL, I'll be sure to give you some warning. Leave your liver by your nightstand.

Thumper
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Foo;
If I make it down to FL, I'll be sure to give you some warning. Leave your liver by your nightstand.

Yep, I think you've already tried pretty hard to pickle my liver. One thing I've learned, the next time I drink with YOU ... I'm gettin' a room! ;)

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I found out early on that business travel (other than the frequent flyer points) is highly overrated. My current job is pretty good travel wise. I do about 5-6 trips a year, maybe 8 in a busy year, to some relatively interesting places. I can usually get out and back in a week and that's a lot better on the home front. Every once in a while I get to go stay some where and see how the other half lives as well.

Big Skyz
05-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Foo I hope you'll hang out here a little more. I really miss your posts. Y'all need to come out here to God's country to get your mind right while you figure your next step.

Hombre
05-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Foo - I really envy you right now. Over the past 12 months I've hit (Prague, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Honolulu, and numerous other US locations). The travel thing gets pretty old pretty quick. Right now I don't have the resources to make a change.....but someday....congrats to you for being able to do it and prioritizing!

FooBang
05-02-2014, 06:58 PM
BS, If there is one place in the world I'd still like to visit, it's Big Sky Country. Seems like y'all have some extra 'yotes that need killing out that way. I'd be happy to help. :D

..And Hombre, I am fortunate in that regard. The exchange is gonna keep on paying me through the end of the year and cover my insurance. Makes it really easy to walk away from something I don't want to do! (And by the way, those sound like some pretty darned interesting places to visit!)

Hombre
05-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Good for you Foo its nice to be able to kick back for a while and spend some needed family time. Judging by how often you make it to the sight and what I've seen you deserve it, congrats. They are really interesting places. My regret is I really don't get to see enough of them. You know the drill, meetings all day, dinners at night and very little free time. I could always take a day or two extra but frankly by the time its time to come home I'm ready....and as much time as I am already out I need to make it back on the weekends to spend valuable time with the family.

Bwana
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Congrats Foo, looks like the local carp population better take heed.

Enjoy your time with the family.

Captain
05-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Congrats Foo! It sure seems like they were sending you around the globe in 80 days. I know you are going to enjoy your time with the family. They sure do grow fast!
We might have an opening at GH for a fixer.... We will have to talk to Thumper and Conine about the pay scale however. ;-)
Come down and bring the family to the SC farm and do some fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner