PDA

View Full Version : Why?

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 11:58 AM
I don't know how many of you live in states where you have a 'Tag Office' where you go to register vehicles and boats and get stuff tagged. Oklahoma is one of them. I weas just down at my local one tagging my new truck.

My question is why are all the women who work in these places such bitches? And do they hire females only? I've NEVER seen a man working in an Oklahoma Tag Office. Man, they are some snotty ass bitches though. Its bad enough paying the state just for the privilege of driving a vehicle on the roads we already pay for, but we gotta put up with this shit too?

End of rant.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2014, 12:09 PM
DMV = Dante's 4th level of Hell.

Big Muddy
05-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Yep, I think, having a biatchy attitude is a pre-requisite for, not only the tag office, but several of the other county offices, as well.

If they don't already have a biatchy attitude, they put them thru special "biatchy attitude" training class, so they learn to become biatchy.

Heck, I have kinfolks working in some of those offices, and they even treat me biatchy....then, they'll hug and kiss on me, at the grocery store.

I have found that the least biatchiest time to go to any of those offices is right before closing time on Friday afternoon.

They're usually all-smiles-and-sugar plums because they're getting off for the weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Haha, I was hoping that Friday mojo would work for me today, Eddie but I guess I got there too early. and they probably really don't like long haired country boys neither.

BKB

quercus alba
05-02-2014, 12:52 PM
dealing with rude stupid people all day has a tendency to make me bitchy too. Not to mention wading through all the government red tape that changes almost daily. Kinda like dealing with middle management

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 12:56 PM
HEY! I might be stupid but no way I'm rude.

BKB

Big Muddy
05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Getting a new tag is really not a complicated process, at least not down here.

The form is only half a page long and takes them only about 5 minutes, at the very most, to enter the info. into
their computer....the printer spits out the new page, you pay and leave.

It's beyond me, why the hell those women hafta be biatchy about performing such a trivial task.

Maybe they're pissed because they aren't getting a tip. ;)

Who knows what goes thru female minds, these days.

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Exactly. I did have a special request. I was tagging my boat and motor at the same time and wanted to do a three year tag instead of an annual. You'd have thought I asked them for a kidney.

BKB

Big Muddy
05-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Maybe you shoulda asked for an ovary....if your old office biatches are like ours, they are prolly dried up, anyway. ;)

FooBang
05-02-2014, 03:43 PM
The DMV is especially bad in VA, Chicken, but I have to say NJ is worse. I think they spend time thinking about new ways to make life miserable for us here.

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Whatever you do, don't call them 'Bossy'. If you do you might be a bully. Or a misogynist. Or maybe even worse.

BKB

Thumper
05-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Well heck, I just went through two visits to the tag office and have nothing but good things to say. We used to have the tag office at the Tax Collector's Office, but anything to do with a driver's license was done at a different location ... actually, the State Highway Patrol office. The licensing division was a total nightmare and if you didn't have an appointment, you'd better be prepared for an all-day stay. I never had much experience with the actual tag office because my tag transfers were either handled by my dealer (if I traded cars) or done by mail (registration renewals, etc). Anyway, they just built a new county tag agency (actually a remodeled ex-grocery store) where the tag office and licensing are combined.

My birthday was in January and I got a notice in the mail that Florida came up with a new law dealing with CDL's. If your DOT physical card was not up to date (I have to have a DOT physical annually), you are issued a regular driver's license, without the Class A designation, and once you update your physical, you get the designation back. I really don't understand that because you cannot drive a truck without a Class A driver's license AND an up to date DOT physical. (if a cop stops you, you must show both, so what's the point?)

Anyway, I had to go to DMV to get my new driver's license. Man-o-man, I don't think I've ever been to a more organized and efficient government office in my life. The place was packed, but I was in and out in no time flat ... AND the employees were very courteous and gracious. Now, fast forward a couple weeks and I happened to glance at the tags on my truck. DAMN! My registration also expired on my birthday. With the new license mess, I'd totally forgotten to renew my tags! Back to the tag office. Same experience, in and out and nothing but courteous employees to deal with. In fact, I was so impressed, I was thinking about writing a letter to the County Tax Collector letting him know ... but ... I never got around to it.

Now ... I DO remember back in the day, dealing with DMV in Los Angeles. Don't even get me started! It was similar to all of your descriptions above, so I'll just say, "Ditto".

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 04:28 PM
When I lived down in florida, vehicles had to have an auto inspection sticker. Most states don't require that nowadays but back when they did, florida had the best system I ever saw for that too. It was alike a toll booth you went through and they got you in and out of there in no time flat. In Oklahoma, sometimes the guy leaned back in his chair and looked at your vehicle through the doorway or sometimes if he needed to make a sale he'd find a hole in your muffler. It was a good old boy deal and sucked all the way around. Everyone in my hometown anyway knew where to go to get a sticker regardless of what kind of bomb you drove.

I had a vehicle though, in Florida once that died at the inspection booth and wouldn't start. Two of the inspectors helped me push it out of the way. It passed inspection though!

BKB