PDA

View Full Version : Soccer News

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
This oughta make Len and the soccer crowd happy. Oughta make Republicans mad as a whole bunch of brown people will be coming to the US of A. Oh wait, I forgot, they love brown people now. (that was a joke so lighten up Francis)

BKB

The state of North American soccer has changed forever. CONMEBOL and CONCACAF—the governing bodies for international football in South America and North and Central America and the Caribbean, respectively—have announced a plan to create a special tournament in 2016 called Copa America Centenario, to be held on the 100th anniversary of the first Copa America tournament back in 1916.

This is great news for American soccer. This is amazing news for American soccer. This is everything we could have asked for…for American soccer. (No, I am not overstating any of this.)

The event will take place from June 3 to June 26, 2016, coinciding with the Euro '16 tournament across the Atlantic, giving American soccer fans a chance to see top-level European talent play during the day and watch top-level teams from our side of the globe at night. And when I say watch, I mean actually watch in person.

Yes, a tournament to commemorate the centennial of an organization comprised exclusively of South American nations is taking place in the United States! Of America!

quercus alba
05-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Ought to be a statement in there somewhere about hell freezing over

LJ3
05-02-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd explain why you're dufeses but you're dufeses. It's gonna be awesome!

quercus alba
05-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Soccer is the sports version of Prozac. Only thing worse is the WNBA

Trav
05-02-2014, 04:00 PM
If there is a game within 5 hours of me I am going I can't wait, I can't understand anybody who can watch baseball yet bitch about soccer being boring. Now I am not saying anything disparaging against baseball other than it's not any more exciting than soccer.