PDA

View Full Version : This Lure is the BOMB

Big Skyz
05-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Heck I thought I'd try posting in this here ghost town. Anyway, I've been using the relatively new Rapala Scatter Rap Minnow. I'm here to tell you guys it's not marketing hype. This lure is pretty darned amazing. It looks more real in it's action than any crank bait I've ever used. Apparently the fish think so too, it's been total death on the local fish population around here. I know this is a promo-video, but it will give you guys a good idea of what this thing looks like under water. With the exception of a couple floating original minnows this Scatter Rap will be replacing the majority of my other Rapala's, it works so much better!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZvSvuvew0Wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Niner
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Gonna have to get me one or three of those jokers.

Cards01
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
a different action than the originals for sure... will give them a try also

Big Skyz
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
It looks so real in the water it actually fools my eye into thinking I saw a real fish. Then again it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is the fish think its real.

Egghead
05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Gonna have to get me one or three of those jokers.

Plus 1 (or three)! I can see those easily replacing some other jerkbaits I've used with good results - that video was helpful in showing how they "swim".

Now to figure out when conditions and my schedule will allow said fishing time...

Big Skyz
05-05-2014, 10:45 PM
We'll cleaned out two of three local sporting goods stores of their brown trout Scatter Rap minnow Countdowns. Had to leave one for seed. :)

Niner
05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Well.....was down at the Wally World last night picking up a few odds and ends for a fishing trip Di and I are fixing to make.

I picked up a Shad Rap that I've been meaning to get and THE ONLY Scatter Rap they had left on the shelf! This one was the Scatter Rap Crank....and they only had ONE color left....so that narrowed the choices down for me considerably. Looking at the Rapala website this morning, and...wow...they sure do have a LOT of those Scatter lures to choose from.

http://usa.rapala.com/scatter-rap/#models

I'll let y'all know how this Scatter Crank does....IF I catch anything on it. At the cost of these buggers, I hope I don't catch a snag on the bottom or some such!!!!

Big Skyz
05-07-2014, 10:21 AM
The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Yesterday, Rapala Scatter Rap Minnow rainbow trout color.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/TroyAdams5-6-14E_zpsd21d6675.jpg

Bwana
05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
That fish is a nasty canibal!

Big Skyz
05-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Bwana, they aren't hitting the lure because they are hungry. They hit it because they are pissed off. Kind'a like when you howl in another coyote's territory and they come in to kick your butt.

Bwana
05-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Got ya.

Niner
05-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Well, the Scatter Rap Crank did pretty well.....for a little while. I caught several fairly nice bass with it. Then Di was fishing it, and a catfish hit it....and....broke it!!

Can't wait to get back to the store to pick up a replacement....and some other styles/colors if I can find them!!!

Big Skyz
05-14-2014, 12:59 PM
DADGUM! I've never seen anything like that. I've broke a couple lips off while fishing amongst the rocks, but I've never seen a hook pull out like that. I've huge northern pike and all kinds of big fish and that's never happened. Btw, when I took the the busted lips lures back to the store they exchanged them no problem. Hopefully whomever you bought from will do the same.

Egghead
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Here to report that the Scatter Rap Shallow Crank works wonders on Potomac smallies. Thanks for the recommendation Big Skyz!