PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Hay!!!!

Captain
05-07-2014, 05:49 PM
1200 square bales and 86 round bales since Monday. Got one more field cut and will bale tomorrow.
Then perhaps I can turkey hunt a couple of more days before we cut some more... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Arty
05-07-2014, 05:50 PM
That looks a lot like work.

BarryBobPosthole
05-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Man it seems early for haying. But I guess it is that time of year isn't it?
Why is it you're still putting up square bales? Not many folks doing that any more.

BKB

Captain
05-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Horse people only want square bales. Very few horse people use round bales. We sale about 6000 bales a winter to horse folks. We bale around 500 to 600 round bales for our cattle each year. I HATE SQUARE BALES.....
I thought about how hot it was here today (91) when I saw Big Sky's post about fishing with all them coats and stuff on....
Seen my first copperhead today but was too late to save his hide. He was up and in the baler before I could stop.

BarryBobPosthole
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Makes my arms itch to think of square bales. I've never seen a copperhead in a bale but I've picked up a bale with a big old nasty attitude rat snake in it and it'll make you mess your drawers dead or alive. I can't imagine bucking a bale and having a copperhead fall half out the bottom.

You sure those square bales for horse people ain't for when there isn't a stump handy?

BKB

Captain
05-07-2014, 09:36 PM
That might be it Barry....
Whatever the reason I still hate baling, loading, and stacking them!