PDA

View Full Version : Awwww SHIT! :-(

Thumper
05-08-2014, 07:38 AM
This getting old stuff is for the birds. It seems you get to a certain point in your life and things just start falling apart.

Last week I awoke one morning feeling like someone had kicked me in the nut sack. My left nut was so sore it hurt to breathe! Of course I GENTLY felt around a bit ... but it was danged painful and my left 'nad felt pretty swollen. Heck, I figured I'd rolled over in my sleep and got 'em smashed between my legs or sumpin'. I think that was around Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. It hurt like hell, but Lynn and I had reservations at the beach for Friday - Sunday ... so I kinda down-played it a bit. BUT ... by Friday, I was feeling a lot better and by Saturday there was just a very little amount of "tenderness" if touched, but generally it just wasn't a problem. Sunday ... nothing ... zilch ... nada. I wrote the whole thing off to an unintended "injury" or maybe some sort of "infection" that cleared up. Since Sunday, I haven't even thought about it.

Fast forward to this morning. I was getting up early to head out to an estate sale and happened to reach down to kinda move my massive nut sack out of the way to roll out of bed. ;)

Well, I felt "something" that kind of caught my attention. I stopped, felt around a bit (let's call it a "self-exam") and determined SUMPIN' ain't right. There is a hard "lump" ('bout the size of a large pea) on my left 'nad (the one that was so sore last week). Now I have to admit, contrary to popular belief, I REALLY don't play with my nuts all that much. I have no clue how long it's been there, but am assuming it's connected to the pain last week. So ... I've cancelled my plans today and will be calling in for a visit to my doctor.

Let me tell you ... I've already had about 10,000 "I told you so's" from Lynn this morning. She wanted to cancel our weekend last week and take me to the doctor, but I nixed the idea because it was getting better on it's own (the pain only lasted about 3 days). Her brother died of testicular cancer a few years ago at an early age ... so she's VERY sensitive about this sort of thing. I also have to wonder about the Agent Orange connection. After the military did some research they verified I'd been exposed (something I've known for 42 frigging years), but they just recently admitted. Testicular cancer as an AO exposure symptom is on their "needs more study" list ... but I am already on the official "National AO Registry" as being exposed for 3+ years!

Right now, I have no clue if there's a connection or if I even have a problem at all. I guess I'll be finding out soon enough .. once I go in and have my balls played with by my (of course) .... female doctor! I HOPE I'm simply over-reacting ... but who knows?

This sucks ... and I'd be lyin' if I said I'm not just a little bit concerned.

Youse dufuses may want to play with yourselves for a few minutes tonight just for the helluvit. Here's my public service announcement for today:

What are the Signs of Testicular Cancer?

Men themselves, not doctors, find most testicular cancers as a painless lump or an enlargement or hardening of the testicle, this is why regular self-exams are so important. If you do notice any lumps or changes it is important to see a doctor immediately. Many men with testicular cancer do not feel ill and many times there is no pain involved.

Here are the major symptoms (I had 4 out of 7 last week). :(

1) Any enlargement of a testicle
2) A significant loss of size in one of the testicles
3) A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum
4) A dull ache in the lower abdomen, back or in the groin
5) A sudden collection of fluid in the scrotum
6) Pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
7) Enlargement or tenderness of the breasts

Did I already say this sucks? :(

Captain
05-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Dang Jimbo, that ain't nothing to "play" with (pun intended). You need to have that check right away.
Hopefully you are just "backed up" :-)
If it were me I'd be camped out at my doctors.
Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2014, 08:02 AM
You'd best get that checked out asap my friend. Maybe its the DSBs like Larke said (Dreaded Semen Backup) but just in case. Get in there NOW.

BKB

jb
05-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Get it checked out, hopefully it's nothing more than lack of use.

Thumper
05-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Ha ha! Well, this is probably more information than you want to know, but THAT isn't the problem! I'm sure you all remember a few years back when I was basically ready to "cash in my chips" and move on. Lynn hit the old menopause barrier and it seemed her knees suddenly grew together. I figured I was WAY to young to go "without" and it got to the point it was a MAJOR problem and I personally reached the point I simply didn't care anymore ... so I struck out on my own and chased skirts for a few years.

Well, it should be pretty obvious that has all changed. After actually going so far as to plan on selling the house and going our separate ways ... we started "working things out". I never really talked about it much around here (didn't want to jinx the progress) ... but we got ourselves back on an even keel and I've been a pretty dang good boy 'cause my honey got back to "takin' care of business" so to speak. ;)

I'm VERY lucky we eventually worked out our problems because I have NO idea what I'd done without her through my "little" medical emergency a few years back and have ZERO doubt I'd have prolly died (literally) without her help and care. Youse dufes have NO clue how much she did for me through those times ... and CONTINUES to do.

I've kind'a wanted to get that out there for a while now and this seems like a good time. We've been together 29 years and I suppose many couples hit those "low spots" in their relationships at one time or another. The major factor is whether or not you can stick it out long enough to fix the problems. We managed somehow and I'm grateful.

Sheeesh, I should have started this out as "Dear Abby". ;)

Thumper
05-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Well damn! My doc's assistant (a total sweetheart actually) just called and gave me a royal ass-chewing for not taking immediate action. She's gonna consult with my doctor and get back to me. Said she'll prolly order an ultrasound to start. Said if I have any pain, don't bother calling and report directly to the emergency room. Dang! I guess when you get old, stuff you'd never normally worry about when you're younger, just takes on a bit more urgency. I'm startin' to feel like BUCKY! Comin' apart at the seams! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM
that's just nuts.

BKB

Penguin
05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
First thing to do is to relax and stop beating yourself up Jimmie. If you first noticed it last week and you are in to see a doctor this week that is very prompt in comparison to most folks. AND if it is serious then it wasn't something that just started last week. So relax, wait on word from the experts, and don't panic.

And the rest of us will keep our fingers crossed that it is nothing serious at all.

Will

Thumper
05-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm with you Willy ... it's just that my track record hasn't been real good lately. I'm pretty cool with it actually ... Lynn's having a bit of a rough time though and I guess I understand her concern. I can't believe this has been over 6 years ago (Christmas was rough that year) ... time flies. (he had similar symptoms and put off going to the doctor)

http://www.fukuimortuary.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=180128&fh_id=10203

Big Skyz
05-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear this. Hope it turns out to be nothing overly serious. I do have to say I find a little humor in the fact that a Jimmy and a Willy are talking about nuts though. :D

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Wonder what's up and if he got his cods untwisted?

BKB

Captain
05-08-2014, 07:18 PM
He's being awful closed mouthed about it... ;)

Thumper
05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Bof'a youse bite me!

They're scheduling me for an ultrasound/sonogram to take a picture of my massive balls. Said if I experience any pain between now and then, don't call, just go straight to the emergency room. I'm thinking it's much ado about nothing (no smart-assed remarks here) ... but I ain't gonna mess around and ignore it.

Thumper
05-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Ooops, looks like I already said most of that ... it's just official now since the doc has been consulted.

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I think you've got one of 'em twisted and they just need a good yank. Too bad there are no good yanks.

BKB

Thumper
05-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Shouldn't that be a capital "Y"? ;)

Captain
05-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Guess it will take them a day or so to hook up the microscope to the MRI machine so they can find em'
:D
Good luck buddy.

Captain
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
And a Yankee is the same thing as a quickee, except you do it yourself! :D

LW
05-08-2014, 11:04 PM
My money is on epididymitis or orchitis. Or both.

Thumper
05-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Dang LW. I had to look 'em up! Looks like a possibility ... I dunno.

Big Muddy
05-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I had an Army buddy who had a single orchidectomy on his left nad back in the '70's....he injured his nad, jumping off the top of an APC, and straddled a 5 gal. gas jerry can, when he landed....got a bad infection, and his nad swelled up....looked like he was hiding a gopher in his fatigue pants. ;)

I wonder how the heck anyone came up with that name, "orchid-ectomy"??? I guess it has something to do with getting "de-flowered".

Seriously, Thump, I hope you only have a clogged up spunk pipe.

Thumper
05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Ha! Edward ... when I saw "orchitis" I thought LW was joking around and I immediately thought it was a derivative of "Orcinus or Orca" describing how big my left nad got! ;)

FooBang
05-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Geez! Hope it's just one of them boiled peanuts that got lodged in the wrong place.

Thumper
05-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Going to the hospital on Thursday for a Sonogram. :(

LJ3
05-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Dude... I had to have the nut-o-gram. Wouldn't you know the technician was an attractive woman. 99% of them turn out to be nuttin'. Don't worry about it.

Thumper
05-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Yep, just went through that with my dermatology exam. A real hottie for a doctor and it was time for the annual "check every square inch" exam. If I'd been a bit younger, an instant boner would'a prolly given her a black eye when she lifted my nut-sack to check it out. :D

As for the "lump" ... I'm not too disturbed, although I have no idea what all the pain was about for those 3-4 days. Lynn's the one really pushing after her brother passing from testicular cancer. He put off seeing a doctor and once he finally did, it was too late. The docs told the family they could have most likely taken care of it if he'd been diagnosed earlier. I suppose I've finally reached the age I can't gamble on these things any longer. :(

BarryBobPosthole
05-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I still say it was a nut twist. You old guys get those when your sack hits the toilet water.

BKB