PDA

View Full Version : What Wong Witchoo?

BarryBobPosthole
05-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Kolten Wong is back with the birds. I guess they figured a 200 hitter was better than a 173 one.

BKB

Buckrub
05-14-2014, 10:55 PM
.027 better.

LJ3
05-15-2014, 08:58 AM
What? Is Sum Ting Wong?

Cards01
05-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Hopefully Taveras will be next shortly, Matheny will stick with Borjous in center for awhile, and Adams remembers to drive the ball vs the flip singles to left. Need to get the offense kick started.

BarryBobPosthole
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Well, a couple of things I hope Matheny has learned from this little experiment. Or at least him and Mozelak maybe have learned. Changes were made to 'upgrade' the entire infield. There are players at new positions at literally every spot in the infield. If you look at any one of those changes, it probably is an upgrade. But that big of a change is not. Two of the three outfield positions have different people at them this year. And the bench is still weak weak weak. A costly experiment. Why take a NLCS team and TOTALLY rehab it like we're the friggin' Cubs or something. I can't see that we've upgraded anywhere but center and second out of this whole deal. I'm not advocating going backwards, but I do think it'll take at least until the break for the Cards to settle in with this lineup. And defense most definitely affects offense in baseball.

If it ain't broke, don't fucking fix it.

BKB