PDA

View Full Version : Jeez-o-pete

LJ3
05-21-2014, 08:30 PM
We found out today a whispered rumor that Bailey is in the running to be the THS High School Athlete of the year. She's the only girl to have lettered and been an all-state athelte all four years in high school. Not sure how much more of this I can take :)

Thumper
05-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Are there any buttons left on your shirt? ;)

Congrats again ... the hits just keep coming.

LJ3
05-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Honestly it's been shocking. She's not overly social at all, has a few close friends and that's it. She says she's "socially awkward". Her grades are pretty good, 3.4GPA but in NOVA that's middle of the pack. The recognition she's getting at the end of the year is usually reserved for the most popular, or highest GPA type kids.

She just keeps on being herself. That's what I'm proud of :)

Hehehehe, she's pretty mouthy in her AP Government classes. Her Govt teacher, when hearing about her giving the commencement speech said "Oh sweet Jesus, Bailey! You're not going to say the shit you say in my class are you?"

Hehehe that gave me a chuckle of pride :)

Bwana
05-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Isn't just amazing what those kiddos can do?

Congrats to Miss Bailey and to her folks who are obviously doing something right!!

Chicken Dinner
05-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Very cool, Len!

Penguin
05-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Very good to hear Len.

Has she chosen a college or career yet? Kids like that tend to really achieve a lot. You may have years of bragging to come. :)

Will

LJ3
05-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah Willie, She's going to VCU to their School of Mass Communications. She hasn't decided which specific track she'll go for but I have no doubt she'll succeed. We've become pretty damn close since she's matured the last couple years (read: the guidance I've given her the last 18 years has turned out to be pretty effective for her). I don't think either one of us is looking forward to the goodbye that comes with college.