PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance Fish Finders????

Niner
05-23-2014, 06:14 AM
Lemme start this thread with the statement that I am very actively looking for a "fish finder" for me boat....AND hope to make my decision by the end of the weekend so as to take advantage of any sales that might accompany the holiday.....

SO....What's the deal with Lowrance these days????
I have "heard" they are making a very good product, but a LOT of people are shying away from them.

Is it because of a lack of Customer Service, or something like that? Or are their units inherently bad?

If I'm going to sink several hundred dollas into a sonar/GPS unit, I expect there to be some support on the other end of the phone if/when I need to call them.

Should I narrow my search to the Hummmmminbird and/or Garmin units????

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Lowrance used to be made and serviced right here in good old Tulsa Oklahoma. Any time I've needed service or a part I talked to someone here and they'd actually meet you at the door and give you what you needed some times. Several years ago, Lowrance was bought by a Swedish company and the Tulsa location was closed down. Now you talk to somebody from Lord-knows-where when you call and they have had a LOT of customer service issues. They still make a good product but I know they've lost a lot of customers because of it. Its a shame too. That was a dang good company. Another 'good for stockholders/ bad for customers' type deal. I still use 'em but I'd be hard pressed to recommend them.
BKB

Buckrub
05-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Humminbird.

Niner
05-24-2014, 02:45 AM
OK........Humminbird. NOW, which of the 398,384 models that they make????