PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal On Lures At WalMart....

Niner
06-01-2014, 06:16 AM
Was at the Wal Mart last night looking for some fly-line leaders.......which they did not have.

However, what I DID find was a large box marked Bait Bonanza....or something like that. Inside the box was a zillion Cotton Cordell lures...FOR $1.98 EACH. That's right two bucks per lure. They had several kinds, but a few of the ones that look just like a Rattle Trap came home with me.

I don't know if this "Bonanza" is going on at Walmarts across the country, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Two bucks for a "Rattle Trap" clone is a heckofa deal.

LJ3
06-02-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm still giggling that you were looking for fly fishing equipment at Walmart :)

Why yes, sir... it's right over there next to the fine wine section.

Niner
06-19-2014, 10:54 AM
I guess so, Len. Some years back I found fly line, leaders and even some flys at the WW.
BUT that was at a WW that was fairly close to the trout fishing section of the Chattahoochee river north of A-town.

Down here (South of A-town) they seem to "specialize" in bass, and panfish stuff. They also have a huge stock of catfishing supplies. OMG every kind of stick bait known to man, I think.

Trying to get my old flyrod set up for some bream fishing this summer. Found some leaders at the GM the other day. SO, I got the new leader, and some tippet (4x mono) tied on. Just waiting for a chance to go get after some of those slabs!

I DO also have a few "bass poppers" in the old fly-box. A little 1 or 2 pound bass feels like a HOSS on that little fly rod. :D

Niner
08-05-2014, 09:47 AM
OH! LJ, I meant to say that when we were in Montana we went to the local Walmart to look for some particular Rapalas.
Whilst there, I noticed that they stocked a bit of flyfishing stuff there.

I guess it just depends on what kind of fishing is in the area. Around here, unfortunatly, very few folks do any flyfishing. That's too bad, because a 2# bass on a big top water popper fly is an absolute blast on a fly rod.