PDA

View Full Version : Best Sunglasses for Fishing

BarryBobPosthole
06-04-2014, 11:56 AM
About three years ago this past Christmas, I was on the way back home from the Phillipines and had a layover in Guam for a few hours. I was killing time in the duty free shop and saw a pair of Maui Jim Longboard sunglasses that I bought just kind of on a whim. I'd been getting by with a pair of cheapo Bill Dance camo sunglasses I bought for like $10 and was needing a pair of good fishing sunglasses that'd also take a beating. Three and a half years later, I just ordered my second pair. They are bar none the best fishing sunglasses I've ever had on my face. The frames are lightweight but they're tough enough and thick enough to stand up to all kinds of use. They won't blow off your face when you kick the cobs out of the old boat neither. Probably the only drawback is these won't fit in a shirt pocket folded up. they're pretty large sunglasses but they give you good eye protection from the sun too. And you can see underwater like superman. Maui Jim's has the best polarization treatment I've found. I've not owned Oakleys or Ray Ban or any of those, but I have had some good sunglasses and nonbe are as good as these. No kidding. And that's not a commercial. Just a testimonial for some good fishing shades.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I used to have a pair of Maui Jim's (forget what model) that I had done in prescription shades. Sho nuff good stuff. I lost them wading in the Atlantic ocean when a rogue wave came along and it was either save them or my youngest. I'm pretty restricted in what sunglasses I can get as my prescription requires that be not too curved.

Niner
06-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Question for you sunglasses/fishing experts.
What color lenses do you prefer?
I have one pair of prescription sunglasses that have dark green lenses, and another that has amber lenses.
I much prefer the amber ones.

BarryBobPosthole
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
For fishing I prefer the gray lenses. For driving I like the amber ones like you like.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-05-2014, 08:42 AM
For fishing, I never put much thought into color as long the lenses were polarized.