PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Nuts

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
What's the best way to watch the World Cup? Any critical matches coming up? When and who does the US play?

Can we watch it live or do we have to get up at 3 AM to do that? Where the hell is it being held?

BKB

LJ3
06-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Schedules
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Complete-2014-World-Cup-game-schedule-fixture-list.html

US doesn't get started till a little later. ALL our matches are freaking critical. We can make it out of our group but it will be a difficult task to do so. Ghana has become something of a nemesis to US in the world cup. They've handed us our asses lately. They are very beatable. The Germans are usually physical and have a very precise game, they'll be tough to beat. Portugal is one of the best teams in the world, if we draw with them, it's a victory. If we upset them, it will be world cup history type stuff.

It's in Rio. The Brazil crowds will be freaking crazy. The opening match with Brazil and Croatia should be a barn burner. If a barn burner is similar to Paul Simon trying to dunk on Wilt Chamberlain. Brazil has fallen from grace over the last few years though, so you never know.

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2014, 10:01 AM
If it's a non-US match, your best bet for a really fun time would be to find a local bar where ex-pats from one of the countries playing are going to be watching.

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Unless its Comanches vs Osages we won't have much of it going on in bars here. those are the only ex-pats we have here pretty much.

BKB

DeputyDog
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
The nice thing if you want to watch it is that with it happening in Brazil, there won't be a time difference.

I'm not a soccer fan, but I was in Mexico back in 86 when the World Cup was going on there. It was really cool to sit in a bar with the fans even after the days games. By the time we left, I could sing fight songs in German, Spanish, and Portuguese. They really enjoyed teaching us their songs and cheers and watching us try to learn them.