06-06-2014, 10:14 PM
:)

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2014, 11:12 PM
That's some beautiful property!
BKB

Arty
06-06-2014, 11:19 PM
That's awesome! Good luck I hope y'all get it!

Niner
06-07-2014, 06:35 AM
SWEEET!!!
Is that barn/garage/shop on the property? That thing looks real nice.
Looks like y'all have found a honey of a deal.
I hope everything goes through smoothly and you can soon be reporting on how the deal went through with nary a hitch or hiccup.
:thumbsup

Niner
06-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Wait a minute!!!! Is that a DOCK I see in pic #9???
How cool is THAT!!!

DeputyDog
06-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Good luck, I hope this one goes through for you. That is beautiful country. Is it a state law that you can't hunt near state park property? If so, what is the size of the buffer zone? Here in Indiana, you can hunt right up to the property lines but of course you can't shoot over them. I know a lot of people that own land that borders a state park and do really well hunting on it.

Thumper
06-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Beautiful property Sunny! Good luck with being able to close the deal. I'm with Deppity ... I can't believe you can't hunt the property (as long as hunting would normally be allowed there) just because it BORDERS State property. I'd sure double-check the details on that if I were you. 'Course, I don't know what difference it makes, you're not gonna be shooting Bambi's anyway ... I'm sure you'll be hand-feeding though. ;)

Chicken Dinner
06-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Absolutely beautiful!

Niner
06-09-2014, 06:03 AM
GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN!!!
That is one heck of a shop!! And right next to the lake AND boat ramp.

Y'all have found a little slice of heaven right there. I am praying that all goes well and y'all get it.

Penguin
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
One heck of a nice place. The terrain and foliage is SO different than what I'm used to that it is almost shocking. Man this is one big continent with totally different scenery isn't it?

Good luck and I hope you land the place! :)

Will

Captain
06-09-2014, 12:55 PM
That is a sweet looking place. Kinda makes you "glad" you did not get the last place you were looking at don't it.
Good luck and after y'all get your new house build keep that barn apartment up so I'll have a place to sleep when I come visit! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I know its a sin to covet another man's workshop, but I'm with Niner. I could do some stuff in that space.

BKB

LJ3
06-09-2014, 02:00 PM
No kidding! I could fill that things with so many cool things... and then use it have man time and drink beer and play darts and what not.

Penguin
06-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Good luck and after y'all get your new house build keep that barn apartment up so I'll have a place to sleep when I come visit! :-)

Sweet. Pick me up on your way through Cappy. God knows I could use a week or two lounging around on a lake like that trying to outsmart the local fish population. :)

Will

Captain
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
You got it Will. That would be a good trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2014, 12:03 PM
They're a lot like lurkers in that respect aren't they?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2014, 12:09 PM
Never piss up your 'uphill' neighbor. You never know what he might be doing out his back porch. 'Downhill' neighbors are less troublesome.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2014, 08:10 AM
You guys sure have a lot of rules up there for what you can live in and so forth. To what purpose I wonder?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Clearly, we must be protected from ourselves...

Sunny, it's "just business". Try not to take it personally.

Thumper
06-17-2014, 08:52 AM
You guys sure have a lot of rules up there for what you can live in and so forth. To what purpose I wonder?

Yeah, they don't have building permits in Okieville! The 'naders blow 'em away every year anyway. ;)

Thumper
06-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I don't know Sunny ... that sounds like it could turn into a sticky mess. I had a buddy once who was house hunting and he found one he and his wife totally fell in love with. Once they started the buying process and the title search was done, they found out the part they loved most about the house (a large enclosed porch completely across the back of the house, with built-in rock waterfall/fish pond thingy), was added on without permits. The city made them rip all of that out before they'd approve the sale. You also have to keep in mind, the insurance company may cover it now, but six months later could change their minds and cancel. Will there be ANOTHER company that will accept that liability? I sure hope it all works out for you ... but it sounds like a bit of a slippery slope IMHO. Make sure all those t's are crossed and i's are dotted.

Niner
06-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Wowsers! "i's" dotted, "t's" crossed, and "z's", "0's" and "7's" slashed!!!
Keep bird doggin' it Sunny. Good detective work!

Thumper
06-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Man-o-man ... I think buying that property would make me a nervous wreck. If all covenants aren't met, most insurance companies will not insure the property (until covenants are met or changed). Your "can of worms" sounds like something I'd be very wary of ... especially since you and the "developer" aren't on the best of terms anyway. Are you sure the covenants cover HIS property? He may have applied them only to the other lots. Plus, I can't even imagine a legitimate contractor erecting buildings without permits. There sure is a lot of this deal that doesn't pass the smell test. Sheeesh ... can of worms is an understatement. Good luck with it. It sounds like you're covering your ass with attorneys ... I hope they're good ones!

Thumper
06-26-2014, 05:34 AM
... it can't be lived in full time and they will never get a buyer!

They may be holding out for the "weekend lake house/summer cabin" type buyer. Who knows? Stand your ground ... with all the hoops you'll have to jump through to bring this property up to code, you shouldn't have to pay full-pop.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2014, 08:31 AM
That big old shop wouldn't be of much use for a part time dweller though would it? Is it just a matter of getting inspections and permits to make it a full time residence?
BKb

Thumper
06-26-2014, 08:50 AM
That would be boat, jet-ski and travel trailer storage.

jb
06-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Nice place hope you get it.
Around here a 15 year loan will always be less than a 30 year loan.

Thumper
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Nice place hope you get it.
Around here a 15 year loan will always be less than a 30 year loan.

Less what?? I assume you mean interest (and pay-off time of course). 15-year loans are great as long as you can afford the higher payments ... and I think Sonny and hubby will be set up for those upon retirement.

jb
06-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Ya, was talking about interest rates.