PDA

View Full Version : It's That Time of Year Boys....

LJ3
06-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Wedding season! - My weekends are a tad busy for the next few months. Here's to giving up what feels like every damn Saturday of my life for a while!

LW
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Gives me cold chills.

Buckrub
06-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Still no honeymoon pics.

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2014, 04:07 PM
I just went to a darn good one this weekend. I had plans to fish in a tournament and had in fact committed until a young bride, who is my good friend Mallard Fillmore's daughter, contacted me on Facebook and called me her 'second Dad' and asked me if I'd come. Made me feel real guilty for not planning to go in the first place. But how can you say no to that kind of request. I'm glad I cancelled out at the tourney and went to the wedding. Two good youngsters and they so obviously had more fun than a lot of couples do at weddings, mainly because that's the way their families are too. No pretentious stuff, just a keg of beer, a margarita machine, a volunteer DJ, and some great barbeque. Got to visit with an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and then Mallard and his wife and I sat up late and visited with some adult beverages.Got up early and we talked another four hours over a few pots of coffee. Inspected my buddy's garden, which is like a giant science project, and finally headed home about noon today. Man, what a nice time. Of course we made the same commitment we made last time we got to catch up: we can't let this much time go by again. And of course we didn't do it.

Maybe this time.

BKB

Niner
06-09-2014, 05:53 AM
GOOD FOR THEM, SUNNY!!!

Sorry Len, but tooooo many young folks spend WAY tooo much money on a wedding when they'd be just as hitched if they went down to the "Justice Of The Peace". That said, I'm glad for you that they neeeeeed a good photogragher at their big event(s). :thumbsup

They'd be way smarter if they took that money and put a big downpayment on a house. But what do I know, I'm just an old curmudgeon! :biggrin

DeputyDog
06-09-2014, 09:25 AM
You're right Niner, especially when you throw in the fact that about half of them will be divorced in just a few years too.

LJ3
06-09-2014, 09:38 AM
As long as they dish out for a good photographer, I'm good :)