PDA

View Full Version : This sheeit is getting old....

Big Muddy
06-12-2014, 09:12 AM
My son informed us that they're moving, AGAIN....however, this time will be two frigging hours away from us.

They've moved several times, previously, but it's always been within 20 or 30 minutes from us.

I thought when he built the new house on the farm that would be the last move....but, he sold it two years ago, and has moved twice, since then.

I can understand him, wanting to get outta this Delta, and advancing his medical career....and, the grandkids will be going into a VERY nice public school, too....so, he will no longer be paying $20,000+ a year for the two grandkid's private school here....the public schools here in the Delta are pathetic and dangerous.

He wants us to sell the lakehouse, and move close to him....he said there's are big beautiful lake nearby, with houses for sell on the lake-side....I told him to forget that sheeit!!!....he'd prolly pack up and move again in a year or two, anyway.

I'm sure gonna miss, seeing my grandkids on a regular basis!!!

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Oh man. That's the pits. Our only grandchild lives near us and we've pretty much come to the conclusion that any plans of moving somewhere else in retirement is out of the question, and the reason is that kid. So I can relate. Hang in there Eddie.
BKB

Bwana
06-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Sad deal for you and sorry to hear it.

Thumper
06-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Ya' can't fault him Edward. I went through the same "career-building" thing myself and bounced all over the country for many years moving constantly. If a better opportunity opened up elsewhere ... I was all over it. That said, once I reached my personal goals, I became bored with it (burned out actually) and ended up back "home" to start my own business using the experience I learned while chasing my ambitions. It would be a shame to hold him back from pursuing his goals.

Captain
06-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Wow that is tough... Is this your hunting and fishing buddy?
I bet that is working on ya' cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Yes, Cap, he's my buddy in ALL outdoor endeavors....as is, the granddaughter, too....just DAY'UM !!!!

If I could win the lottery, I'd pay him generously, just to move his family back to the farm.

jb
06-12-2014, 07:37 PM
That sucks, but at least it's not a two day drive, or even some place like CA
The one thing that keeps us from buying that FL home for the winter is our 3 sons family w/7 grand kids that live in our town.
Just gone 3 weeks is a chore.

Big Skyz
06-12-2014, 10:14 PM
While that does suck for you and I might understand it better when I have grand kids, I'm sure glad my parents have supported my moves. For the last 20 yrs the distance hasn't been measured in hours, but rather days. We are just happy we can make to their place in one full day (12hrs of driving). Before we moved, it was a 2 day drive. I love my family and we are close knit, but I can't stand living in Utah which is where most of them live. Montana is where I thrive.