PDA

View Full Version : New ride

DeputyDog
06-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Check out my new work ride. Love it so far.

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2014, 04:41 PM
Very nice!

BKB

Bwana
06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Good looking ride

Arty
06-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Not bad!

jb
06-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Nice ride, is that pursuit rated?

BarryBobPosthole
06-13-2014, 08:00 PM
MOPAR po-pos. I remember when the OHP drove Dodges with 440 Magnum engines. I believe the model they used may have been the Coronet, but I'm not certain. I know this: there is no sound that is the same as a Dodge 440 engine winding up down on the highway. It has a horrible low end but the muscle of that engine kicks in about 3000 RPM and then it becomes an absolute beast. That's when the hammer is hitting on those old engines. I had a buddy in high school that drove a Dodge Power Wagon panel truck with a 440 and man it was as sweet a ride as you'll ever see.

Anyway, they don't call it MOPAR any more, but that's their dang heritage.

BKB

Thumper
06-13-2014, 08:30 PM
I always called 'em MAPOP. ;)

Nice ride ... ummm, but I hope I never have to ride in it. Does it even have a cage or do you call a regular squad car to transport?

DeputyDog
06-13-2014, 08:30 PM
It's got the 5.7 Hemi in it and it's really quick. It is pursuit rated but our department policy is for anyone in a truck or SUV to get out of the direct pursuit as soon as someone with a car gets involved. It's amazing how Dodge has gotten back into the police market and pretty much taken it over is a short time. We have a couple Tahoes and our detectives drive a mix of vehicles, but the rest of the fleet except for three of these trucks is all Chargers.

DeputyDog
06-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Thump, no cage. I try not to piss off the people I arrest enough to need a cage. I put them in the front seat where I can reach them if they get stupid. If they are in need of a cage, we have enough cars with them that I can have one of them transport.

Niner
06-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Funny how Ford was the only one of the "big three" that didn't take any of Obummmer's bailout money....and now they've mysteriously lost all of their police contracts.

Coincidence?????

DeputyDog
06-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Niner, 2011 was the last production year for the Crown Vic so that is the main reason they lost a lot of the market. Their new "Police Interceptor" is a Taurus and just haven't caught on with the police market like the Chargers have. I haven't actually been in one, but I don't think they have as much room as the Charger and the performance isn't quite as good either.

Chevy lost a lot of the market in the mid 90's after they quit making the Caprice, but they've gotten back into it with the Impalas. There are a lot of them on the streets, but personally, I didn't like them. I had one for 2 years, and it was just too small. It was ok performance wise, but no interior room.

Arty
06-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Niner- around here a lot of the state po-po's are driving the Ford Taurus.

jb
06-15-2014, 05:00 PM
From what I've heard the Taurus lost out because it's front wheel drive, could not take the beating.

Thumper
06-15-2014, 06:41 PM
For some reason, the NASCAR version is RWD!

I remember when they first started racing the Chevy Lumina ... they were RWD 2-door cars, but the production Chevy Lumina was a 4-door FWD. :crazy