PDA

View Full Version : Heading out

DeputyDog
06-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Now that school's out, it's time for a vacation. :walk:waving

It really sucks having a teacher for a wife since summer and the other breaks are the only time we can go anywhere. (When it's busier and more expensive!:( )

We are flying out first thing tomorrow to Thumperland. We are taking the kids, ages 9 and 4 to DisneyWorld. This will be the first trip there for my son who is 4. Both kids are really excited about the trip and that makes me excited about it. We are going to be there for a week so we can pace ourselves and spend a lot of time in the pool.

Thumper
06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Well, I'm 30 minutes from Walt's place. I know with family there, you'll have your hands full. But if you ever run out of stuff to do and get bored, give me a holler and I'll let you buy me a burger! :D

Cell) 863-712-7291

DeputyDog
06-15-2014, 11:01 AM
I'll try to if the kids give us any free time. They have been all over the website making lists of things they want to do and characters they want to meet.

Thumper
06-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Well heck! If they want to meet a real character ... I'm your man! ;)

Seriously, you'll have your hands full and will run out of money before you run out of things to do. If it weren't for Yankee money down here ... we'd be broke! ;)

You guys have fun ... Disney's one of those thing ya' gots ta' do at least once. The kiddies will love it. Just get an early start every morning as some really crappy weather moved in last week and has parked it's butt right over this area ... and is supposed to remain for a while. Hot and muggy with afternoon rains to cool things down a bit ... but it raises the humidity from 100% to 150%. Disney's right smack in the center of the state .... no sea breeze over that way. Bring sunblock for those miniature Yankee faces or they'll fry like bacon down here.

Thumper
06-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, if you feel like getting away from Mickey and Minnie one day, Gatorland is just south of you and might be a fun day for the kids ... and they can hold an alligator for a pic to show their friends. It's been there forever and was free when I was a kid ... just a "donation jar" inside the front door was all they had. It's a regular tourist trap nowadays, but can be a different and interesting learning experience for the kiddies. It's right in the neighborhood, but of course EVERYTHING is ... Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc etc etc. Hit International Drive for all the eateries.

http://www.gatorland.com/

Ya' might want to try their zip line! (from their website)

Soar through the air and defy gravity over some of the theme park's star attractions--including Cuban and Nile crocodiles--before heading over the Alligator Breeding Marsh, complete with one hundred and thirty giant alligators watching from below! :D

Captain
06-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Going out to eat with Thumper is more dangerous than the zip line over the pit full of Gators... Just sayin'. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
06-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Going out to eat with Thumper is more dangerous than the zip line over the pit full of Gators... Just sayin'. :D

Maybe ... but much, MUCH safer than going out DRINKING with YOU! :poke

Thumper
06-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Dang Deppity ... surely you have internet access. How's the trip going so far?

DeputyDog
06-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Everything is going great. Between the parks and the pools I haven't had time for much else.