PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Now that Bucky's been run off Len and I are prolly the only folks around here who care. But, Portugal is getting their asses handed to them by the Germans right now and they've completely lost their composure. Down 2-0 and now they're a man down thanks to a red card.

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Make that 3-nil at the half.

Trav
06-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Portugal not having Pepe for the US game can't hurt, we just have to TCB against Ghana.

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2014, 04:29 PM
Now that Bucky's been run off Len, Trav and I are prolly the only folks around here who care. But, Portugal is getting their asses handed to them by the Germans right now and they've completely lost their composure. Down 2-0 and now they're a man down thanks to a red card.

Fixed.

Penguin
06-16-2014, 04:45 PM
God.... my lovely wife has just informed me that the US Ghana game starts at 5:00. She loves soccer so I suppose I will have to wait till tomorrow to catch the Mountain Men episode I DVR'd. And the Game of Thrones finale as well.

~sigh~

Will

Chicken Dinner
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I believe that we will win!

Trav
06-16-2014, 09:37 PM
If we can draw Portugal and keep it close against Germany I think we will advance based on goal differential.

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2014, 08:07 AM
We watched the match at a bar and grill on Rodney Bay along with a bunch of folks from lord knows where. They were Much bigger fans than us. Got caught up in the excitement of it and hollered along with the rest of them. Almost everyone there that I spoke to thought Ghana was a bunch of thugs and were rooting for the USA. Twas a good time.
Hangover #2.

BKB

Thumper
06-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Sounds to me like you're becoming a bit of a slacker in your old age. You've been in country three nights and have had only two hang-overs? What's wrong? I thought you were a professional! ;)

I was in Northern Thailand one year during some sort of big soccer championship. I was in a pub called "The Irish Clock" and it was full of Brits. Man-o-man those "hooligans" take that crap seriously. I was only there for the food as the owner's (he was a Brit) Thai wife would throw the cooks out of the kitchen when I showed up and cook one of my favorite dishes for me. It's RARE (next to impossible) to find it on a menu anywhere as it's more a "home cooked" dish ... but she made it the way I learned to love it when my ex-wife made it back in the day. I enjoyed the meal, but couldn't get interested in the soccer thing.

LJ3
06-17-2014, 09:56 AM
We watched the match at a bar and grill on Rodney Bay along with a bunch of folks from lord knows where. They were Much bigger fans than us. Got caught up in the excitement of it and hollered along with the rest of them. Almost everyone there that I spoke to thought Ghana was a bunch of thugs and were rooting for the USA. Twas a good time.
Hangover #2.

BKB

They (Ghana) Are thugs but we were still very fortunate to have beat them seeing as we possessed the ball for about 90 seconds the entire match :) That was HUGE victory for us and drastically improves our chances of getting out of the group.

Now on to the Portugese!

Chicken Dinner
06-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm not complaining as I'm extatic we won, but we'll need to play much better if we expect to beat Portugal.

Penguin
06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Have to admit that I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would. But goodness sakes I couldn't believe how little in the way of offensive time of possession we had. Being an old football guy it made me wince at some of the sloppiness with the ball. Hell I had to ask my wife if there were a reason why we kept kicking the ball to the other team... thought there was a strategy I didn't know about. :)

Will

LJ3
06-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Honestly, we're a much better team than we showed yesterday. I think they get nervous which is attributable to lots of youth on the team. Nervous players make bad passes and it was rampant in that game. We have a decent midfield that is capable of holding the ball and creating better offensive opportunities... Hopefully THAT team will show up on Sunday against the portugulians :)

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
What's the scoop on all of our injuries? Floppers or real?
BKB