PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new thing?

Thumper
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
We never answer our home phone ... and only check the voice mail MAYBE every month or two. Occasionally it will ring and I'll recognize the number (usually doctor office, etc) but it's generally just used for my computer DSL hook-up. Anybody who knows us has our cell numbers.

So ... even though I'm on the "do not call list" ... 99.9% of the calls on our home phone is some sort of unwanted sales call. I normally get the company name or "out of area" on my caller ID, but this week, something new started showing up and has gone on for a couple days now. I'm getting 4-5 calls per day and the caller ID simply gives the state. So far I've had 8 calls and all that shows on caller ID is:

Indiana (twice)
Wyoming
Massachusetts
Colorado
New York (twice)
Georgia

Anyone else getting these?

DeputyDog
06-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Maybe it's just co-incidence but I think most of them have just legalized gay marriage. Something to think about cat-boy!

Thumper
06-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Welcome home Mickey ... errr, I mean Deppity! Do you feel like you'd blow your brains out if you hear "It's A Small World" playing on the radio. ;)

DeputyDog
06-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Thankfully, I never heard it. Avoided it on purpose, because it's one of those things that once it gets in your head, you can't seem to get rid of it.