PDA

View Full Version : His empire is being torn down, a little each day....

Big Muddy
06-26-2014, 06:22 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Wednesday limited the president's power to fill high-level vacancies with temporary appointments, ruling in favor of Senate Republicans in their partisan clash with President Barack Obama.

The court's first-ever case involving the Constitution's recess appointments clause ended in a unanimous decision holding that Obama's appointments to the National Labor Relations Board in 2012 without Senate confirmation were illegal. Obama invoked the Constitution's provision giving the president the power to make temporary appointments when the Senate is in recess.

Problem is, the court said, the Senate was not actually in a formal recess when Obama acted.

Obama had argued that the Senate was on an extended holiday break and that the brief sessions it held every three days were a sham that was intended to prevent him from filling seats on the NLRB.

The justices rejected that argument Wednesday..................................

Captain
06-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Wish they would clip his wings on a bunch of the other shit he's been pullin'

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
06-26-2014, 07:18 PM
I have no idea how he gets away with half the crap he pulls. The leadership of this country is a joke anymore ... and to make matters worse, the whole world is laughing at us.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Pussies.

Other presidents have done this shit. Its an election year is all. Fuck, Ann Coulter is bitchin' because people are soccer fans for chrissakes. Calling it unAmerican. Eat a dick. Or get Ken Starr. You'll get your chance to have your favorite nimrod in there andthen you'll be happy as shit when he does this crap. Obama iscan asshole but so are 99% of these butt munches.
Suck it.
BKB

Captain
06-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Pussies. Other presidents have done this shit. Its an election year is all. Fuck, Ann Coulter is bitchin' because people are soccer fans for chrissakes. Calling it unAmerican. Eat a dick. Or get Ken Starr. You'll get your chance to have your favorite nimrod in there andthen you'll be happy as shit when he does this crap. Obama iscan asshole but so are 99% of these butt munches. Suck it. BKB

Good likker on the Island Posty???? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2014, 08:04 PM
AWESOME liquor! But I still got good sense.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recess_appointment

BKB

Captain
06-26-2014, 08:24 PM
I got good sense too and glad the SCOTUS took this action. Wish they would clip his Holier than Thou self more.

Thumper
06-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Dang, vacations are supposed to be RELAXING Postie! ;)

Big Muddy
06-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Yes, other presidents have made recess appointments, but they did so legally....even the liberal SCOTUS, unanimously, viewed Obama's appointments, as illegal....he tried to slip it past everyone, and his azz got caught.

He's crumbling fast, and it's not over, yet....I think the IRS deal is what's going to be his nemesis....somebody is gonna turn over and squeal.

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Hah! I actually agreed with the decision. Just jackin' with captain.

BKB

Big Muddy
06-27-2014, 09:03 AM
Hah! I actually agreed with the decision. Just jackin' with captain.

BKB

Thank goodness, you cleared that up....was starting to worry about you, boy !!! ;)

Captain
06-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Hah! I actually agreed with the decision. Just jackin' with captain. BKB

Hey! Am I being picked on here? I might have to quit posting for awhile. ;)