PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cappy ... ya' want my free fishing trip?

Thumper
07-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Lynn and I will be at the beach (Florida's west coast) for the holiday weekend, but I won a free fishing trip from a local radio station. The days are fixed and cannot be altered, so I can't use it. The fishing will be off the coast of N. Carolina tomorrow and Friday. Being the thoughtful guy that I am, I was wondering if you'd be interested? :D

Captain
07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Tomorrow and Friday are going to be a bit breezy on the coast. But I'm up for anything. I once bear hunted in a pretty bad Hurricane so I guess I could give that a try too! Does the trip come with a floating vest and shark repellant? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
07-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Tomorrow and Friday are going to be a bit breezy on the coast. But I'm up for anything. I once bear hunted in a pretty bad Hurricane so I guess I could give that a try too! Does the trip come with a floating vest and shark repellant? ;)

:biggrin

Captain
07-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Me thinks you just trying to get rid of me so you can tip toe up to the Florida house...

Thumper
07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Who? Meeeeee??? ;)

Thumper
07-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Just so you know Cappy ... according to the forecast, it should be a little "breezy" and the water may have a slight "chop" ... but you should have a great time. Don't say I never gave ya' anything! ;)

Captain
07-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Chop hell, the coast is gonna get slammed!
Hopefully we can finish the hay up here before we get the rain bans.

Thumper
07-03-2014, 05:41 AM
Yeah, we had a long trailer of a band come through here last evening ... no wind, just heavy rain. I had an oak come down in the yard, but I don't think it had anything to do with wind. The silly thing is, I noticed last weekend it seemed to be leaning more than normal (it's been leaning for 40 years), but I thought it was just my imagination. I suppose it was a warning sign but I was in denial I guess. I think last night's rain just softened the ground enough to "help" it along. :(