PDA

View Full Version : I sure wish...

Captain
07-02-2014, 11:12 AM
I sure wish a Camera could accurately capture the size of these bream.
This hurricane is coming up the coast and put us right in front of a front. So this morning I thought I'd try to catch a few fish. Got in about first light and fished 2 hours. And spanked some sure nuf' titty bream!

Could not buy a bass on top or plugin'

And before you start Bucky these are ALL bream. I don't care what you want to call em' Red eared mud suckers, shell-smackers, coppernose, Robins, bluebills, etc..... To me they are bream.

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Them is dinner is what they are! And fun as heck to catch a big mess of them. Makes me hungry for hushpuppies.

BKB

jb
07-02-2014, 12:05 PM
That sure is a nice mess of blue gills, one of my wife's favorite fish.

Niner
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Hope you had enough crickets. Man, with an ultra light rig them jokers can really put a stretch on your string can't they.

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2014, 12:10 PM
There's some goggle eyes mixed in with them big bull blue gills too. Those look like some that Mallard Fillmore, Julie, and I got into on a little bitty natural lake up by Fargo, ND one time. The lake is on the Minnesota side and is called West Lost Lake. We brought home thirteen big blue gill that all went over a pound each and were the size of dinner plates. What a blast to catch!

BKB

Thumper
07-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm like you ... they're all bream to me. As a young boy, I was told by my grandfather that they're bream ... unless you're a Yankee ... then they're Bluegills. ;)

Actually, they're ALL Sunfish! :D

Thumper
07-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Ha ha! I rest my case ... I see Bubba calls 'em Bluegills. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
They probably bowl 'em up there knowing them.

BKB

Thumper
07-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Or pickle 'em and store 'em with their lukefisk. ;)

Big Skyz
07-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Wow those are seriously nice!

Thumper
07-02-2014, 12:37 PM
B/S ... ya' need to know one thing ... Cappy's hands are the same size as a 10 year old girl's hands. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2014, 12:43 PM
When we were kids we'd scale 'em with a spoon, gut 'em and cut their heads and fins off and fry 'em up skin, tail, and all. Man that was sure some good eating close to the bone too. Fileting sure saves time in both ends of the process but I'm not sure we don't lose a lot of flavor doing it that way sometimes. Fiddler channel cats are also better with bones in 'em too.

BKB

Trav
07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
when I was a kid we lived a mile or so from a big strip pit, my brother and I would walk down there and catch about 15 or 20 of those and walk back home. We cooked just like you said Barry and just fry them in a pan with butter. My dad worked 2 full time Jobs so that would be lunch and dinner for us. If we caught a bunch we leave some in the fridge for my dad.