PDA

View Full Version : Since Cap mentioned farming....

Big Muddy
07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
One of my "democrat" tractor drivers ran over my day'um right ankle, this afternoon....he drove too close to where I was working on a spray rig, so it was an avoidable accident....yes, he got his azz chewed out....luckily, it was the front tractor tire, not the big rear tire....don't think anything is broken, and it really didn't hurt after it happened.....but, four hours afterwards, I can't walk on it.

Prolly gonna get it x-rayed in the morning....there goes my July 4th juking and jiving. ;)

Arty
07-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Sounds like it was a planned event

The "brother" taking down "The Man"...

:exclaim

Sunshine
07-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Sprains hurt worst then breaks.
Sure hope its not broke.

4th July is an unlucky holiday for me.
Had several ole animals decide to pass on the fourth, so I don't look forward to the holiday.

Sure hope the bad luck isn't rubbing off on you.

We are staying home and putting up new cedar deck and fence around it.
Then I get to stain.
Fun fun.

Take it easy Eddie, sorry you're hurt.

Big Muddy
07-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Haha....coulda been, I suppose....he's been working for me nearly 30 years, and should have known better than drive up too close, especially from my blind side.

Thanks, Sunny.

Captain
07-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Dang Cuz, there is more than 25 bones in your foot. Sound to me like you are going to need to spend some boat recovery time!
Hope it's feeling better today and no broke bone. Something tells me that a cast wouldn't fit your lifestyle about like it would mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
07-03-2014, 08:30 AM
You got that right, Cap....kept ice on it, and elevated it all night....woke up this morning, and it's 100% better....very little pain, and only a little stiff, when walking....us southern boys must be tough as nails....get run over by a tractor, and back at work the next day. ;)

Bwana
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Glad to hear things are looking up for you Big Muddy.

Big Muddy
07-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Yep, thanks, Bwana....grandkids are all up in my face about not being able to drive the ski boat....I told them I prolly can drive the boat, but won't be able to traverse our steep-sloped backyard, leading down to the boat ramp....smart kids hooked up the yard trailer to the riding mower, and put a lawn chair in it, for me to sit in and ride down to the boat ramp. ;)

Thumper
07-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Now you know what to do next year. Fake an injury ... get carried to the boat and let someone else do the BBQ'ing!