PDA

View Full Version : Call me The Master

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
I made some country style pork ribs on the BGE this week that were so good I almost broke my arm patting myself on the back. Better yet, here is a recipe for a SALAD, of all things, that is the only salad type food in the history of food that is guaranteed to get you laid. Yep. a salad. I stole it 'kinda' from a frenchie restaurant.

You have to start with fresh salad greens, like leaf lettuce and arugula and so forth. Slice yourself up some good sweet firm apples very thin and then cut those lengthwise into little half inch strips. You want six or seven pieces of apple for each serving. Toss the greens and the apple slices with just a little white balsamic vinegarette. Fry two pieces of bacon for each salad serving and when the bacon is good and crisp turn down the heat to low, remove the bacon from the pan, empty the grease out of the pan, and return to bacon tp the pan. Place a thick dollop of goat cheese on top of two slices of bacon and cover the pan for a minute to heat the goat cheese all the way through to just north of 'warm'. By dollop, I mean a dollop about three inches in diameter and about a half inch thick. It looks like a lot of cheese but it's really not. and get real good goat cheese. When that heated use a spatula to lay the bacon and cheese on top of the greens. Drizzle that all over with about a tablespoon of honey. I'm telling you this is an easy one and the flavor combinations will amaze you. Plus cold lettuce, warm bacon and cheese, and that's an interesting combo too.

that's why they call me the Master.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2014, 01:00 PM
That does sound good. I'd be tempted to throw some toasted walnuts on that bad boy as well...

BarryBobPosthole
07-03-2014, 01:03 PM
That would likely work pretty well.

BKB

Thumper
07-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Sounds good ... I'll pass it on to Lynn. It sounds similar to something she makes ... and it usually has walnuts or pecans with the apple. She makes the best salads on earth and her homemade dressings are to kill for. It's been a LOT of years since there's been a bottle of store bought salad dressing in this house ... and I doubt if I could eat the crap anyway now that I've been totally spoiled by GOOD salad dressings.

My favorite salad when we go out is the Chopped Salad (with bleu cheese crumbles) at Outback. I'm not all that crazy about their food to be honest, but that is sho'nuf a dang good salad! If you ever go there ... definitely order it.