PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Thump, got any of your old matresses???....

Big Muddy
07-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Who the h3ll would pay $4.4 million for a day'um nasty-azz matress like this???....talk about pecker tracks!!!....DAY'UM, that gal must really like to screw and wallow in it!!!

LONDON (AP) -- Artist Tracey Emin has sold her bed - and the disheveled sheets, empty vodka bottles, cigarette butts and discarded condoms were part of the lucrative deal.

Emin's artwork "My Bed" sold for 2.54 million pounds ($4.4 million) at a London auction Tuesday, more than double the pre-sale estimate and four times the previous record for the artist.

Emin, who has mined her tumultuous personal life for some of her best-known works, attended the auction and grinned when the hammer came down.

The work was sold by collector Charles Saatchi, an early supporter of Emin and other modern British artists.

Christie's auction house did not identify the buyer. But its head of contemporary art, Francis Outred, hinted it was an institution, saying the bed would end up "somewhere important."

Thumper
07-03-2014, 02:05 PM
WTF???? Some people have more money than brains. One thing I HAVE learned though ... people will buy ANYTHING ... and I don't mind one bit! ;)

Thumper
07-03-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm always on the look-out for small boxes for shipping stuff. I walk out of Wally-World half the time with more empty boxes than I do merchandise. One day I was at the Post Office and dug an iPhone box out of the trash. It looked like someone ordered a phone through the mail, unwrapped it and shit canned the box. I sold the empty box on eBay for $15.00! ;)

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2014, 02:13 PM
I used to work with a guy who retired a couple of years ago. He was eBay genius. He would sell all kinds of "trash" on Ebay for amazing amounts of money. His big thing is beer bottle caps. I guess arts and crafts types are bit into them and we have employees who travel and work all over the world who would bring him caps back. I miss him because I would bring in all my surplus stuff and have him sell it and we'd split the proceeds 50/50.

Thumper
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I've sold a bazillion can/bottle openers (I call 'em church keys). There's a big collector's market for those. I don't think I've ever been to an estate sale where there weren't 2-3 in a kitchen drawer. I usually pick 'em up for a nickle or dime. I sold one for $28.00!