PDA

View Full Version : Just on the outside chance..

HideHunter
07-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Any of you fine folks happen to have any .22 mag ammo you no longer have use for? I am in the process of buying a new 'coon gun - a Magnum Research .22 Magnum. I thought .22 LR was scarce. I haven't too dug deep (been busy the last few days) but I haven't found any yet even on line. Has to be at least 40 grain. Anything less voids the warranty.

Don't need a lot - anything would help. I know it's a stretch, but this place never ceases to amaze. ;)

quercus alba
07-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I have several boxes but I need to hang on to it. It runs from 17-30 bucks a box around here. A 17 cal might be easier to find ammo for

HideHunter
07-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Yep - I know I'm gonna get raped but - as I say - I don't need much. As far as the .17 - I have a Mach II and love it for squirrels and rabbits. I might have considered the new .17 WSM but (I'm sorry - don't want to offend anyone) I put my hands n one of the Savages being offered ... what a POS. I'll find some.

Thumper
07-06-2014, 07:12 PM
I think I have some here. I'll have to dig. You're welcome to it, but it seems every time I even thought about shipping ammo, the shipping was more than it was worth. Come to think of it ... what's the best way to ship ammo? Seems like it was FedEx or UPS or sumpin'. It's been so long, I don't remember ... have to ship as hazardous materials or something like that. Walk me through it and I'll try to get it to you. Not sure I have more than a box, so it may not even be worth it.

HideHunter
07-06-2014, 07:41 PM
UPS handles it. Standard charges apply - but there are some labels must be used. Been looking around a bit. Obviously the "hoarding" thing continues. ;)

Thumper
07-06-2014, 07:49 PM
I'll dig a little tonight. I'm about 99.9% sure I have a box of 'em here.

Niner
07-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Man! You'd be better off getting a .22 Hornet. At least you could reload it.

HideHunter
07-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Don't think I haven't considered every option Niner. The main thing is - I'm not set up to reload. I wanted a "repeater" and more especially a semi. Anything much bigger than a .22mag - results in prohibitive pelt damage (I know cartridges can be loaded "down"). Even at these prices I can buy a several year supply of "bullets" for what it would take me to go the other way. This whole hoarding thing is a PIA.

Thumper
07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Here ya' go Hidey-Ho. I only have 50 rounds here of Rem. 40 gr. I sold my .22 mag. to Big Sky a while back, so I have no use for these. They're yours if you want 'em. Is it worth shipping only one box?

3243 3244

HideHunter
07-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The cheapest I have found "any" is $16 bucks +shipping - and Remingtons are about non-existent. If we can get them here for much under that (and you don't mind the hassle) I'd like to have them.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/packaging/guidelines/ammunition.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=shipping+ammo

Of course I'll pay any expenses and make it right with you somehow. If you "don't" want to fool with it - I totally understand.

thnx... g

Thumper
07-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Naaa, you can have 'em. Consider it a Good Hunting discount. ;)

I'm not real familiar with UPS shipping. I have a FedEx close to the house and use them occassionally, but UPS is across town someplace and I've never shipped with them. If you're in no rush, I'll just carry 'em in my truck and work my way over there when I'll be in the area to see how they work it.

Drop me your mailing addy when you get time and I'll box 'em up.

thumper1952@verizon.net

Thumper
07-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Forgot to click on your link ... that pretty much tells me what I need to know. I'll get 'em ready to go and let you know when they're on the way.

HideHunter
07-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Sent you an email.

Thumper
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Got it ... :encouragement:

Captain
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Sorry HH, I finally got a chance to check and I guess I gave all mine away when I sold my last Mag rifle.
I have exactly 10 bullets left and they are in an unmarked CCI plastic box. I don't even know what weight grain they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
07-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks Cap'n.. I just happened to check the Gander Mt site today and they just added Troy Landry signature series .22 mags to their rimfire page. So - I have 200 rounds coming. So that will give me a few Winchesters and few Remmies and some CCI Maxi Mags to test.. And If I see a coon I can holler, "Chute him!" ;)

Thumper
07-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Ha! I stuck my box of shells in my truck and was going to drop by UPS while I was out running errands, but forgot I had your address layin' on my desk. After I got back home this evening, it hit me ... I could'a pulled it from my email on my iPhone. DUH!

I now have it all in my console for the next time I'm around there.

Captain
07-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Good deal Hideman. Sorry I couldn't help...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner