PDA

View Full Version : Don't like this stuff

Bwana
07-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Went camping again last weekend with some friends on their inaugural trip with their new fifth wheel camper. We spent the heat of the day pulling the kids around on the tube behind the boat before pulling the plug about supper time. Before we could get supper on the grill a nasty thunderstorm kicked in with strong winds followed by hail the size of golf balls. I did find one that was about the size of a racquet ball also but never snapped a pic. Here are a few I picked up about 15 minutes or so after the rain had stopped.

Though I haven't looked real closely but it appears that the trees we were parked under did a great job of slowing most of the stones down so the damage seems to be minimal.

From what I hear not everyone was so lucky as there were others who lost windows on campers and vehicles as well as some injuries caused by folks getting hit by one or more of those bad boys.

jb
07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Well at least you didn't have to buy bags of ice.
That is some nasty looking stuff, glad ever one and everything is OK

Captain
07-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Wow that could have been bad! Glad y'all got out with little damage...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
07-08-2014, 12:04 AM
When I worked at the Cadillac dealership in Memphis, we had one of those bad hail storms one year. EVERY new Cadillac (as well as the ones on the used car lot) were beat all to hell. Windows smashed and every panel on the cars damaged. ALL had to be totaled (by law) as none of them could be repaired and sold as new. Some were donated to the GM Training Centers, some were given salvage titles and others were destroyed and run through a crusher. Talk about a mess. The only cars spared were maybe 4-5 that were in the showroom and another 4-5 that were parked in the shop.

Glad you came out ok.