PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap! More bad news Hideyman.

Thumper
07-11-2014, 12:08 PM
I had your ammo boxed up and ready to ship earlier this week. Today I had to run some errands so I took the package down to UPS to ship it. I filled out all the forms, added all the necessary warning labels, etc. etc. and gave it to the gal at the counter to ship. She quoted me $16.00!! I said, "Crap! why so much for that little box?" She said they're really set up for larger boxes and a bigger box with more weight would ship for the same amount. I told her she may as well go ahead and cancel the order as the shipping is what the entire contents are worth. She asked what persactly it was that I was shipping and I told her it's a 50-rd box of .22 Mag ammo. She asked what a .22 mag is and I told her. She said, "Well ... could I buy them from you?" Huh??? She said her neighbor does lots of favors for her and she'd buy them for him. I asked if she's sure he has a .22 mag. and she said, "Oh, he has EVERYTHING ... so I'm sure he does."

I remembered your earlier post:

The cheapest I have found "any" is $16 bucks +shipping - and Remingtons are about non-existent. If we can get them here for much under that (and you don't mind the hassle) I'd like to have them.

I then told her I haven't checked the prices personally, but they're Remingtons, so it's quality ammo. She handed me $16 cash and I left the package with her!

I remember you mentioning you'd ordered a batch of ammo on-line, so figured the "emergency" is over with. I just got back home and jumped on here to tell you the "good" news and read your post in the other thread about FedEx and Gander. This just isn't your day. :(

Anyway, I tried but it seemed kinda silly to ship for that price ... besides ... I came out'a there with lunch money! ;)

HideHunter
07-11-2014, 01:07 PM
lol.. :laughing THANK YOU THUMP. You just made my day. I laughed so hard tears came to my eyes. Gun is supposed to be in today. I doubt if my "guy" will call until tomorrow. Just called around and finally found some at a lgs - 67 miles away.. $20 bucks a box.. Looks like a road trip. Oh - still sitting here waiting on the freaking air rifle that was supposed to be here yesterday.. :angryfire

I suppose it's too early to start drinking.

Thumper
07-12-2014, 07:52 AM
Dang! I may have misunderstood ... for some reason I thought you'd ordered AMMO on-line. Oh well, I still don't think it was worth the crazy shipping price they wanted for ONE silly box.

HideHunter
07-12-2014, 09:06 AM
I did.. as per the other thread. Gander back-ordered it. *after* I specifically checked that it was in stock. and you're right.. the cost was ridiculous. Worked out better your way. ;)

Niner
07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
I was in the Walmart yesterday, and folks were swarming around the gun counter. Seems they had gotten a case of .22LR in. It was bulk packs of Remington hollow points. I usually only shoot 22 CB around the house, but I do have a couple of .22 semi's that only take .22LR. The "limit" was three of the boxes that had 225 rounds in them. I told the counter guy that I'd take ONE box. I didn't think I'd need 675 rounds in the near future...and I ain't gonna get into the hording, or reselling game....so I figgered one box should do for now.

Now if they'd have had CB caps for sale....I'd have been all over that!!!
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/638772/cci-ammunition-22-cb-long-29-grain-lead-round-nose-box-of-100?cm_vc=ProductFinding