PDA

View Full Version : Damn Bank

Sunshine
07-11-2014, 08:36 PM
:(

Thumper
07-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Heck, just keep holding out. If they're coming down $5000/week ... in a couple years it'll be free. Heck, you weren't gonna be doing anything with it 'til retirement anyway. ;)

Big Muddy
07-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Sunny, I think the bank just snookered you....I'll bet they don't even have another bidder....they are notorious for doing that sorta sheeit.

BarryBobPosthole
07-16-2014, 05:46 PM
that's why they're bankers!
BKB

Hombre
07-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Figure out what your best alternative is and what your budget is. Example: If the land is 100K and I can afford to spend 125K, but land parcels that I want are coming available and I think I can wait and get something for $85K I would go back and say "I'm offering $80K I will not go up and there is 48 hours to accept. If you don't approve then I'm moving on do not counter" By continuing to move up you're signaling a continued willingness to negotiate, they may sense that you're slowing down so interject a counter. Its time for you to set the anchor at which they understand you aren't moving from. Just be willing with what ever you offer to walk away and look for other property, but don't get caught up in the bidding war. my .02

Buckrub
07-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Deal with them calmly. Do NOT raise your voice. Smile a LOT.

Do what Hombre said. Offer X dollars, with a short time frame (2 days) to accept or reject, with NO counters accepted. "Take it or leave it in 2 days". Put in writing that if they don't take it, you will be moving on and no longer 'bidding'.

The End.

Not sure what a Bank has to do with any of this.............they shouldn't be players. But whatever.........I'd do the above, and deal with what happens.

BarryBobPosthole
07-16-2014, 06:00 PM
The bank is beholden to their stockholders or owners to make as much money as they can ethically and legallybmake on that property. hombre is right, they smell bloodvin the water. Its what any of us would inthat situation. And I don't mean lie about another bidder. That's just a conjecture right now.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Yep, "some" bankers can screw you, and make you smile about it....last year, I heard about a loan officer at one of our local banks who kept denying a home loan to a young couple who were very capable of making the house payments, and should have been approved.

After their fourth denial, a "friend" informed the couple that the loan officer was denying their loan because one of his crony friends wanted the house, too, but the couple was in the first position to buy it.

The young couple went over the loan officer's head with their complaint....it was investigated, and they got their loan, and now live in an even bigger better home, than they were trying to buy.

I "heard" they signed a "non-disclosure" agreement with the bank....so, technically, that means the bank didn't admit any wrong-doing, and the couple can't tell anyone about it....and, they prolly got a VERY sweet deal on that new home....I hope that bank day'um near bought that home for them !!!

Captain
07-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Sunny, I been smelling that play on the banks part for awhile now. It's not bad on their part it's just good business.
I've got a friend in the land development business and he works his numbers and his first offer is his max. He figures what will work and opens at that. Even at an auction! People say he is crazy for doing it that way and perhaps occasionally he could buy a tract cheaper, but he buys a LOT of land and makes a lot of money.
Give em your max number and forget it. Sleep well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hombre
07-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Good job Sunny you really thought through it. If you don't get it don't be sick about it you avoided paying more than you were willing or overpaying. In the long run I believe things will work out for the best. Good luck!

We spent the fourth over in Cle Elum in a cabin on the Yakima River. Rode 4 wheelers, and floated the river for two days in quietness and away, for the most part, from the hectic pace we're use to. I can totally get the draw to a place like you're looking at. Good luck.

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2014, 09:55 AM
I hope that poor water meter reader guy doesn't decide to come by today.

BKB

Captain
07-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I hope that poor water meter reader guy doesn't decide to come by today. BKB

LOL!!! That just ain't right Posty! :D

Seriously Sunny, sending good vibes out your way hoping it will help and you get this place.
I'm pulling for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
07-17-2014, 11:19 AM
This may sound overly simplistic and "preachy".....but.... put the issue into God's hands. He'll either make it happen, or not...depending on His plan for you.

That's what I've done with my healing, and it's really helped in eliminating the worry.

Sermon over......you can leave a donation at the door. :angel:

Penguin
07-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Man! This has become an odyssey.

I had hoped you'd have this puppy wrapped up and taken home by now. Worst part of it is that it seems like it is impossible to know what is holding things up and making it so tough.

Will

Thumper
07-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't let them call your bluff Sunny. Let the deadline pass and let them contact you ... if you don't hear from them ... it wasn't meant to be. If you counter again after drawing a line in the sand, they'll know your "threats" aren't serious from here on out.

Hombre
07-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Stick in there Sunny something great will come along. Looking and finding the property should be half the fun.

BTW - I was in Westport this weekend....anywhere close to where the wedding was?

Hombre
07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Well crap we were really close then. I'm sure you didn't have much time. Caught a mess load of tuna out of Westport.

Hombre
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Yeo Saturday. GPS and it was slow going.