PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Lake

BarryBobPosthole
07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
My son Chris and I took the big boat down to a little lake in SE Oklahoma called Cedar Lake. Its one of the most scenic lakes in the US let alone Oklahoma. Very small, probably 640 acres and set in the Quachita National Forest in the Winding Stair Mountains of Oklahoma. Where I was lucky enough to grow up. I fished this lake as a kid and never truly appreciated the beauty of the place. I knew it was a neat place to take girls swimming in the summertime because the perch bit at their freckles and such and made 'em wiggle. Its always been stunning in the fall. Just a jewel in the mountains.

We left the house at 5:00 and got on the water at 8:00. It got hot quick. By 10 it was 90. Anyway, we didn't murder them but we made a fair accounting for ourselves. I had big fish, a three pounder that hit early and made me think we were going to slay them. But didn't. How often does that happen? A lot!

I plan to go back in the fall. The state record largemouth was caught out of this lake last spring, a 14-13. There's some quality fish in that lake and a lot of them. Its gotten a lot of pressure though since that fish was caught. I think about October the pressure and the conditions would be good for some quality bass.

A good little reccy run today!

BKB

Thumper
07-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Purty fish ... fugly dufe holdin' it. ;)

Big Skyz
07-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Looks like the perfect way to spend the day. I still can't get over how pretty I thought Oklahoma was when I drove through it. It was not at all what I expected.

Buckrub
07-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Don't know it. Will file it away.

Tried to find some info a few weeks ago on camping at Broken Bow, and gave up. OK is the worst state I've run across for finding info on State Parks and camping availability. Plus, there are no COE campgrounds close by either..........which can be said for almost any state outside the Deep South, much to my dismay.

Good fish. What brand of dynamite did you use?

BarryBobPosthole
07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Here ya go. Hochatown is where I'd recommend. http://www.travelok.com/listings/view.profile/id.422 The state park is called Beavers Bend so if you google Broken Bow it prolly doesn't come up.

I used my patented paralyzer move on a chartreuse Kinami Flash and she inhaled it.

BKB

Buckrub
07-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Good fish.

I still can't see where to go to reserve a campsite....cabins, but not campsites..... so...........no worry. I'll stay in AR and S. and E.........thanks, though.

Chicken Dinner
07-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Matt says that looks like some prime largemouth bass habitat.

Captain
07-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Nice looking Shimano reel, fugly fisherman. ;)
Congrats on a nice feesh. Then things are a hoot to catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner