PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Dream

BarryBobPosthole
07-14-2014, 10:15 PM
I remembered having this dream last night about noon today and I've been pondering over what it might mean. In my dream, I'm in some unknown boat with the Kasper brothers (which is kind of like fishing with the Hanson's from Slapshot) and I hook up with a big fish. I'm fighting this fish and I'm not able to gain on him at all. He gets me into the backing on my reel and I yell at someone to hand me another rod and hold my line. Then I go about cutting my line and trying to tie a John Collins knot to splice the line into it. I can never get the knot tied though. I screw it up every time. Obviously, my practicing and learning that knot recently is why I dreamed about it, but the frustration of trying to do that knot and screwing it up every time made we wake right up. Where I got the idea I could just splice into another reel and how I expected to reel that much line into a reel is beyond me. All I can say is it seemed like the logical thing to do at the time. It was a big fish too.

BKB

Thumper
07-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Dufus ... just do the same in reverse. Let him run out that new line spool and when he tires out, start taking in line. Once the reel is full, do the opposite as before. Cut the line and spool it back on your first (empty) reel and start cranking that bad boy back to the boat.

Sheeesh, it's really not that difficult to figure out. Aren't you in management?

Buckrub
07-15-2014, 09:54 AM
The unknown boat means you're in "the world".

The Kaspar brothers means you're in the world with "all your friends".

The really big fish just meant that you had a boner and at your age, that's where a boner leads your mind to, fishing.

Splicing a new pile of line while fighting a fish means that you were trying to do the impossible, which means that you work for Verizon.

The fact that you thought it was the logical thing to do, means that you are insane.

Thinking of John Collins probably means you have gay tendencies.

Waking up because you are frustrated means that you are married.

You're welcome.

Thumper
07-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Sounds reasonable to me. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
07-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Now that's a complete assessment.

BKB

Sunshine
07-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Dream Definition
http://www.dreams-dictionary.org/

DeputyDog
07-15-2014, 11:50 AM
See Bucky, that's why we need you around here.